How do you pronounce.........

sheldonm

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

slightly off topic, i need to write a letter to someone's secretary... is "Tracey" a female or male name (or more accurately, can i safely assume it is female... it is a person in england)

I've never heard it other than for a female in England.

thank you... these names ending on "y" are tricky, like Sandy is female but Randy is male...

• 3 weeks later...

Tete Montoliu?

easy one, just phonetically, but without english accent (latin accent wouldn't be all that wrong... Italian or Spanish even better...) :ph34r:

sorry, but that's not an easy one to transcribe... I thought about it for a while now... and no, T-ay-t-ay is wrong, it's just Tete, no double vowels, and the T is short/voiceless, not hard/accented.

Mon is as in monastery or monster, only with actually the other "o" (as in "saw", I think), not the one going towards "a", but the "pure" one. Same for the second "o" (or similar), the "l" is heard, and "iu" is like "you", but the stress is on the end, on the "u".

Really difficult, sorry! Maybe someone can do better!

slightly off topic, i need to write a letter to someone's secretary... is "Tracey" a female or male name (or more accurately, can i safely assume it is female... it is a person in england)

Female, very much so. Which is why it's so funny that gangsta rapper Ice-T's real name is Tracy.

I suppose that's the 'T'.

Thanks. I did some searching and found an article where Dennis Gonzalez was discussing Johnny, so I e-mailed him and asked him. He says:

Keith Knox, who runs Silkheart, always told me that they called Dyani

"Jawnnie Johnnie" in the South African accent.

So, another one solved.

Also, I noticed on the WWUH website that they say Charlie COAL hace... to the best of my knowledge, it's COAL haze.

• 1 month later...