International Association for Jazz Education

Jeffro

• 1 year later...

Now its 2006 and I am reviving this thread for personal reasons.

I am planning on driving from DC to NY on Wednesday morning for the IAJE conference. Since I have to drive back to Pittsburgh on Sunday to start school again I cannot offer a ride back though.

Does anyone wanna hitch a ride with me, esp. if you are going to IAJE or just a quick free ride to NY?

Matt

I was hoping to go this year, but work got in the way :angry:

I recommend the panel on Friday 1/13 at noon hosted by LLoyd Pinchback, Larry Appelbaum and Sam Perryman of the Library of Congress. It's entitled: 'Jazz Resources at the Library of Congress: Collecting Is Our Business'. It's in the Central Park Room of the Sheraton Hotel.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

If you are in NY for IAJE and are loolking for something to do on Friday morning, January 13th I will be doing a one-on-one panel with jazz advocate Dan Morgenstern.

It takes place at 10am in the New York East Room, 3rd floor, Sheraton Hotel

I've solisited lots of interesting questions from jazz people around the world.I'd welcome yours too. Bring it with you and we'll see you there.

Steve Schwartz

WGBH, 89.7FM, Boston

www.wgbh.org/jazz

• 11 months later...

I'm sure the experience will be wonderful, but I feel the end result is the death of jazz ( nah, that happened a few years ago).

Make contacts, network, all that other shit. Go for it.

Not sure why I'm posting this since I think the music is dead (or dormant - an important word).

Conventions are fun and degrading at the same time.

Enjoy what you got.

I wouldn't disagree, particularly on the education side of things. I'd use the term 'moribund' to describe the art as it rests in the hands of the Lincoln Center clan. Fortunately, as I recall, not everything on the concert docket this year is entirely retrogressive...though I don't have the listing in front of me. Perhaps I'm just optimistic.

Edited by BeBop

I'm sure the experience will be wonderful, but I feel the end result is the death of jazz ( nah, that happened a few years ago).

Make contacts, network, all that other shit. Go for it.

Not sure why I'm posting this since I think the music is dead (or dormant - an important word).

Conventions are fun and degrading at the same time.

Enjoy what you got.

f62c7de8d94ac3d968b49542710e3f309758919.jpg

Furthermore, when i was a kid I used to walk ten miles to get to school, each way, in my bare feet, with snow drifts up to my waste...AND I LIKED IT! Go make your contacts, network and all that crap...speaking of which. Where's my Metamusel?

:g