Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Mingus in my queue for shipment towards the end of this month. I happened to check my queue yesterday and saw a note at the top that this selection would no longer be available when it was scheduled to ship from my queue, and that I better buy it immediately if I wanted it. I did, and I also threw a few other queue'd items into the cart that I wanted to be sure I didn't miss. Now I'll have to see if the Mingus actually ships. :blink:

Just got an email that "Mingus, Mingus . . . ." has been cancelled from my order and is no longer available. Bottom Line: if you find something at yourmusic.com that you really want, grab it immediately, or else it might suddenly become unavailable without warning even while sitting in your queue. :(

Keith Jarrett - Radiance now available.

Also, I just got a warning for Jimmy Smith - Rockin the Boat, Ready for Freddie, and Duke's Blues in Orbit, so if you want those pick it up soon.

Are any of those essential? I dont have much Duke, so I figure I should pick some cheap ones up.

Edited by md655321

Also, I just got a warning for Jimmy Smith - Rockin the Boat, Ready for Freddie, and Duke's Blues in Orbit, so if you want those pick it up soon.

Are any of those essential?  I dont have much Duke, so I figure I should pick some cheap ones up.

Ready for Freddie certainly qualifies as essential, at least in my book! If I could only own one Hubbard session, this would be it.

Are any of those essential?   I dont have much Duke, so I figure I should pick some cheap ones up.

Ready for Freddie is supposed to ship from my on queue on Monday, though I never got a warning about it. I should probably grab Blues in Orbit before it's too late. [Edit - just ordered it via my cart]

I just bought this one - 7 discs for $42 is hard to pass up...

d534378ho4m.jpg

John Coltrane - The Heavyweight Champion: The Complete Atlantic Recordings

I currently have only about half of the albums covered in this box, and none of those I do have are remastered versions, so this is a great upgrade for me at an unbeatable price.

Edited by gdogus

Late to the game, but I joined tonight. Really exciting stuff for a guy who has to adhere to a budget. Man, you just can't go wrong with 5.99 a disc. My first shipment:

Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Like Someone In Love

Johnny Griffin and Eddie Lockjaw Davis - Tough Tenors

Prediction: at $6 a disc, you will become addicted. I don't know about others, but the standard price for a used CD around these parts is $9, and there isn't much of a viable selection in jazz. Good stuff - hope it lasts.

Late to the game, but I joined tonight. Really exciting stuff for a guy who has to adhere to a budget. Man, you just can't go wrong with 5.99 a disc. My first shipment:

Prediction: at $6 a disc, you will become addicted. I don't know about others, but the standard price for a used CD around these parts is $9, and there isn't much of a viable selection in jazz. Good stuff - hope it lasts.

Agreed. :tup And that $5.99 per disc also translates into some terrific deals on box sets.

I also joined a couple of days ago, and was able to get some Fantasy sacd hybreds at 5.99, which is at least 75% off regular price. I hope this all lasts for a long time. :tup

I also joined a couple of days ago, and was able to get some Fantasy sacd hybreds at 5.99, which is at least 75% off regular price. I hope this all lasts for a long time. :tup

Good luck in getting them. I placed an order for some a couple months ago, and they were both cancelled. :(