Me On The RADIO

Hello Friends,

Just letting you know that I've now officially got a slot from 10AM - Noon

Eastern Standard Time on Thursdays, broadcasting the best in straight-ahead, latin jazz, blues, and international music (oh and some quirky avant-garde stuff too if the 'holy ghost' moves me).

Since many of you are not in the Pittsburgh region, if you care to listen, you may do so by visiting http://www.wrct.org and clicking on the link towards the

top of the page that says "High". It should work if you are on a higher-than-dialup-speed internet provider

I would be honored to have you all as listeners. So tune in for The Jazz Clinic with me, your host, Dr. Jazz, Ph.D.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Program: The Jazz Clinic

Date: 02-03-2005 , 10:00 to 02-03-2005 , 12:00

Dave Douglas -- Strange Liberation -- A Single Sky

Michael Wolff -- Dangerous Vision -- Dangerous Vision

Caribbean Jazz Project -- Here and Now -- Naima

Masada -- 50th Birthday Celebration Vol. 7 -- Kedushah

Jim Snidero -- Close Up -- Blues for the Moment

Booker Little -- Booker Little and Friend -- Victory and Sorrow

Booker Little -- Out Front -- Man of Words

The Bad Plus -- Give -- 1979 Semifinalist

Trio Mundo -- Rides Again -- Hot Ice

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey -- Walking With Giants -- Walking With Giants

Albert Ayler -- Holy Ghost Rare and Unissued Recordings 1962-70 (BOX SET) -- Sunnymoon For Two

Bobby Timmons -- The Best of Bobby Timmons -- Dat Dere

Tom Harrell -- Wise Children -- What Will They Think of Next

Jason Moran -- Same Mother -- Fire Waltz

Mike Ladd -- Negrophilia -- Worldwide Shrinkwrap (Contact Zones)

Yeah No -- Swell Henry -- Flanked

Stefano di Battista -- Parker's Mood -- Salt Peanuts

Charlie Parker -- Yardbird Suite: The Ultimate Charlie Parker Collection -- Salt Peanuts

This is what I played over my two hours!

• 2 months later...

Listen this morning from 10-Noon Eastern Standard Time (GMT -6:00). I will be honoring Jug for his birthday and playing lots of Brand NEW stuff that very few have heard yet. But expect to take a plunge in terms of stylistic tendencies. And I will have saxophonist-extraordinaire Jeff Coffin (Bela Fleck's saxophonist who is featured in a Players article in April's issue of Downbeat) on the line plugging his Saturday gig in Pittsburgh.

http://www.wrct.org - for easiest listening, on the main page when the site loads, use the webstream option that is on the top-left (High).

• 3 months later...

Hey all. My radio show is today (Saturday) at 3pm EST and besides featuring stuff like the new Fieldwork, David S. Ware Quartets and all the new Fresh Sound New Talent stuff, I will be doing choice Rahsaan Roland Kirk tracks from the Mercury Box set (which it turns out the station already owns) and the Atlantic vinyl I have.

The webstream for those of you outside Pittsburgh is at http://www.wrct.org and select the webstream option that says "Hi mp3." Do not attempt to use the ogg vorbis streams which are on top, they are difficult to work.

If you have requests during the show you can email me them at jazz@wrct.org or you can instant message me on the AOL Instant Messenger screenname, wrct883. I will also be giving out the local phone number on the air.

Hope some of you get to enjoy the show!

cannonball-addict