Anyone see this Simpsons episode?

sal

It would help if she would turn 18. I mean, how long has Lisa Simpson been 12??? Let her grow up a bit and maybe she'd get into some Dolphy.

:lol:

That's true. At least she's not listening to what most 12 year olds are...

Hell...I was listening to Mahavishnu when I was 12 or 13! :g

:lol::lol:

I meant today.

I was listening to offbeat stuff at 12. I hope the kids today are the same.

Check out http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F32.html for the "Jazz" episode. There are some great quotes in there.

Lisa did play Coltrane for her cat when it jumped out the window... I nearly wet myself.

There was an episode when Homer had a pizza delivered and, if you freeze the screen, you can see that the pizza place was "Jackie McLean Pizzaria".

Kevin

Guest ariceffron

YEA THAT HAS TO BE THE MOST FUCKED UP JAZZ REF IVE EVER SEEN ON TV ANYWHERE. IT TOOK ME YEARS TO EVEN BELIEVE IT BUT IT REALLY DOES SAY JACKIE MCLEAN PIZZA. HEY AND YESTERDAY LISA WAS TALKING TO HER FRIEND AND SHE WAS ALl: WHAT- BRANFORD MARSALIS'S CAR BROKE DOWN IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE.....AND HE JUST JAMMING UNTIL WYNTON SHOWS UP?!?!?

Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a  :tup  .

Well, on that one episode with Steve Martin as the garbage commisioner (and musical guests U2), when newly re-hired Garbage Commissioner Ray Patterson came onstage to address the townspeople a pit band played the theme from "Sanford and Son".

And then there was that one episdoe where Lisa dreamed she was accepting a Kennedy Center honor along with Arthur Miller and Ornette Coleman.

Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a  :tup  .

Well, on that one episode with Steve Martin as the garbage commisioner (and musical guests U2), when newly re-hired Garbage Commissioner Ray Patterson came onstage to address the townspeople a pit band played the theme from "Sanford and Son".

And then there was that one episdoe where Lisa dreamed she was accepting a Kennedy Center honor along with Arthur Miller and Ornette Coleman.

The Ornette ref was pretty cool, it's been ages since I saw that one. I forgot all about it.

Coltrane is cool, but hey...Ornette!

Check out http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F32.html for the "Jazz" episode. There are some great quotes in there.

Lisa did play Coltrane for her cat when it jumped out the window... I nearly wet myself.

There was an episode when Homer had a pizza delivered and, if you freeze the screen, you can see that the pizza place was "Jackie McLean Pizzaria".

Kevin

Wow! I had no idea. That's really cool. :tup

It would help if she would turn 18. I mean, how long has Lisa Simpson been 12??? Let her grow up a bit and maybe she'd get into some Dolphy.

Picking nits here, but I should point out that Lisa isn't 12...she's 8! Bart is 10 and Lisa is two years his junior...

It's not math folks, it's arithmetic... :g

Picking nits here, but I should point out that Lisa isn't 12...she's 8! Bart is 10 and Lisa is two years his junior...

It's not math folks, it's arithmetic... :g

My bad.

Stil...when's she going to turn 18???

Btw, there have been at least two episodes in which Lisa was an adult. In one, we flash forward to her college days when she's about to marry an Englishman named Hugh (voiced by Mandy Patenkin). In another episode, we flash forward to see Bart's future. Bart is a guitarist/singer in a Jimmy Buffett cover-band (which consists of Bart and Ralph Wiggam). Lisa is President of the United States in that episode...

Lisa has also had at least two fantasies of being an adult...

In one, she's writing her memoirs while Bart polishes her trophies (she kicks him and he winds up impaled on her Nobel Peace Prize).

In another, she's fat and stupid and surrounded by screaming children in the trailer park home she shares with husband Ralph Wiggam...

Edited by Alexander

As long as we're asking questions, anyone know what season has my favorite episode, the one where Bart ends up working in a bordello? The wait is killing me!!

Season 8 had the episode:

Bart After Dark - While Marge and Lisa are away cleaning up and oil spill, Bart becomes the right-hand man for the owner of a burlesque house.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F06.html

I think that's the one...

I have some Simpsons DVD's and I often show parts of then when I teach. I like the episode in which they decide to have family therapy, and are wired up to a machine that gives an electric shock, everytime they insult each other.

I also like the one in which Bart insults Australia.

Great stuff.