The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while since I've seen anything here so have a couple of things (not all music so hope that's ok) to offer up.

1. CD - Duke Ellington Private Collection Vol 6 Studio Sessions NY 1968 Kaz (note the Kaz discs have diff Vol nos to the US editions)

2. t-shirt - Jazz Record Mart Chicago logo t shirt, grey XL.

T-shirt offered since I directed a friend to the great shop a while ago. He loved it so much he bought me a t-shirt. However its a size XL and is so tent like on me, I've never worn it. Any board members like their t-shirts extra large?

Send me a PM if you're interested in either. I'm in the UK by the way

PM sent on the Duke Ellington cd.

I have the following cd to offer (the disc is new).

George Shearing, Back To Birdland, Telarc

This is a live recording of the 2000 edition of the George Shearing Quintet featuring Don Thompson (vib) Reg Schwager (g) Neil Swainson (b) and Dennis Mackrel (dms)

TRACKLISTING

1. Fly Me to the Moon

2. Drop Me Off in Harlem

3. Sunday, Monday or Always

4. Speak Low

5. Joy Spring

6. That Sunday That Summer

7. Donna Lee

8. Just Imagine

9. High on a Windy Hill

10. Subconscious Lee

11. Lullaby of Birdland

12. Loot to Boot

Been a while since I've seen anything here so have a couple of things (not all music so hope that's ok) to offer up.

1. CD - Duke Ellington Private Collection Vol 6 Studio Sessions NY 1968 Kaz (note the Kaz discs have diff Vol nos to the US editions)

T-shirt offered since I directed a friend to the great shop a while ago. He loved it so much he bought me a t-shirt. However its a size XL and is so tent like on me, I've never worn it. Any board members like their t-shirts extra large?

I have the following cd to offer (the disc is new).

George Shearing, Back To Birdland, Telarc

This is a live recording of the 2000 edition of the George Shearing Quintet featuring Don Thompson (vib) Reg Schwager (g) Neil Swainson (b) and Dennis Mackrel (dms)

TRACKLISTING

1. Fly Me to the Moon

2. Drop Me Off in Harlem

3. Sunday, Monday or Always

4. Speak Low

5. Joy Spring

6. That Sunday That Summer

7. Donna Lee

8. Just Imagine

9. High on a Windy Hill

10. Subconscious Lee

11. Lullaby of Birdland

12. Loot to Boot

...pm sent

Guest Bill Barton

I have a spare copy of the Putumayo World Music Fair Trade Sampler up for grabs. This one features music from India, Senegal, Brazil, Congo, Lebanon, Colombia and Madagascar including a kickin' track from Ricardo Lemvo and Makina Loca.

I did not get an answer until today...

Both gone...

Sorry for the delay in responding on the Ellington. Been a bit busy. Hope you enjoy Tommy!

Both gone...

Sorry for the delay in responding on the Ellington. Been a bit busy. Hope you enjoy Tommy!

Never mind. I just was wondering if you got my pm. Looking forward to it.

hello all,

I have four items to throw into the pile, two of which I originally received way back when from this thread:

1) The Return of Tal Farlow/1969 with Jack Six, John Scully & Alan Dawson(OJC)

2) Black, Blue and Bamboo by Righteous Buddha

3) Get Right by Righteous Buddha

4) Song X(original issue)

First PM gets one, two, three or all four- let me know.

Edited by PHILLYQ

hello all,

I have four items to throw into the pile, two of which I originally received way back when from this thread:

1) The Return of Tal Farlow/1969 with Jack Six, John Scully & Alan Dawson(OJC)

4) Song X(original issue)

Got a taker for Song X and Tal Farlow- anybody for Righteous Buddha? They're a funky organ trio(organ, bass, drums).

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

1) Matthew Shipp vs. Antipop Consortium

4) unremastered 2cd set of Bitches Brew

Got a taker for Song X and Tal Farlow- anybody for Righteous Buddha? They're a funky organ trio(organ, bass, drums).

Soory, US only(postage)

• 1 month later...

Hi people, I'm a rookie on this board, just registered today in fact and this is post #2.

I read through most of this thread (btw what a cool idea) and somewhere along the line spotted that someone was offering a copy of Steve Khan's "Let's Call This" - is this still available? (been looking for it for ages)

I have something ready to put up in return - Standard Of Language by Kenny Garrett.

OK well talk soon eh?

Jim

PS I live in New Zealand - S&H for 1 CD is usually around US$ 5.00 by USPS.

Hi people, I'm a rookie on this board, just registered today in fact and this is post #2.

I read through most of this thread (btw what a cool idea) and somewhere along the line spotted that someone was offering a copy of Steve Khan's "Let's Call This" - is this still available? (been looking for it for ages)

I have something ready to put up in return - Standard Of Language by Kenny Garrett.

OK well talk soon eh?

Jim

PS I live in New Zealand - S&H for 1 CD is usually around US$ 5.00 by USPS.

welcome!

since the khan offer is four years old i guess you should drop rooster_ties a pm to increase chances he becomes aware of your question...

• 2 months later...

hello all,

Soory, US only(postage)

Righteous Buddha still available, Bitches Brew, Matthew Shipp- get 'em for free, all or one or any combination thereof...

• 3 weeks later...

hello all,

Soory, US only(postage)

Righteous Buddha still available, Bitches Brew, Matthew Shipp- get 'em for free, all or one or any combination thereof...

Shipp is gone, but others above await a good home in the US- please adopt a disc.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can offer Jack Walrath's 'Neohippus' on Blue Note to a good home. Has a slight crack on the outer edge, but plays OK for now (you'll want to make a burn as a safety copy). Full artwork. Free to a US home, or for the cost of shipping via paypal or amazon gift card to an overseas home.

Edited by felser

I can offer Jack Walrath's 'Neohippus' on Blue Note to a good home. Has a slight crack on the outer edge, but plays OK for now (you'll want to make a burn as a safety copy). Full artwork. Free to a US home, or for the cost of shipping via paypal or amazon gift card to an overseas home.

Time I jumped into the pay it forward movement. Not familiar with Mr. Walrath, but I'd be glad to give it a good home. :g

I will offer up some discs here shortly.

And I will pm you on the Walrath. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Wow...this thread is dead as a doornail.

Let's breathe some life into it. I'll start:

Up for grabs is LP of Bo Diddley Is A Gunslinger. 1988 Chess/MCA reissue cut by Greg Fulginitti at Artisan. VG+ throughout with the exception of the cut corner upper right. Tried to sell it on the SH board with no takers. Cost me $10, but I'd gladly offer it up here to revive this thread.

Please post in this thread to claim it, followed by your PM.

P.S. The DP album is not available...

LPsFS-09152010015.jpg

I'll see if I can find some more too. :)

Oh, how 'bout this one:

Cd of Gary McFarland & Co "Does The Sun Really Shine On The Moon"? on Skye/DCC Jazz DJZ-634. Jewel case has a broken hinge. If that bothers you just say so and I'll try to find a replacement lid...

Post first, then PM. :)

P.S. Only the McFarland disc is available...

LPsFS-09152010061.jpg

Edited by Parkertown

OK. I have a copy in good condition of Willis Jackson, "Gentle Gator" (prestige) I'll offer up for starters. I like John's shipment terms -- free to U.S., cost of shipping overseas in form of amazon gift certificate.

417JHDQTGFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure if this is still available, but I could give it a new home.

I can offer this (free shipping to US, bit more elsewhere):

Noisettes What's the Time Mr. Wolf

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I have a copy in good condition of Willis Jackson, "Gentle Gator" (prestige) I'll offer up for starters. I like John's shipment terms -- free to U.S., cost of shipping overseas in form of amazon gift certificate.

417JHDQTGFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure if this is still available, but I could give it a new home.

I can offer this (free shipping to US, bit more elsewhere):

Noisettes What's the Time Mr. Wolf

Sure is. It's yours. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it off to you in the next day or two. :)

Okay, I've got two backwards birthday presents to give away:

9E2A042ECFA042E891793B1D95F0396E.jpg

1. The above CD: Bud Powell - Jazz Giant (Verve) Excellent condition.

2. A 45 RPM single which may interest someone, given a recent thread: Ahmad Jamal - But Not For Me/Seleritus (Parrot) With Ray Crawford and Richard Davis, 1954. Nice shape - I'd call it VG+.

The only condition is that the same person cannot claim both items - one to a customer. Otherwise, I will send these, free of charge, to anyone in the world. Respond here and/or by PM.

• 2 weeks later...