The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

Okay, I've got two backwards birthday presents to give away:

9E2A042ECFA042E891793B1D95F0396E.jpg

1. The above CD: Bud Powell - Jazz Giant (Verve) Excellent condition.

2. A 45 RPM single which may interest someone, given a recent thread: Ahmad Jamal - But Not For Me/Seleritus (Parrot) With Ray Crawford and Richard Davis, 1954. Nice shape - I'd call it VG+.

The only condition is that the same person cannot claim both items - one to a customer. Otherwise, I will send these, free of charge, to anyone in the world. Respond here and/or by PM.

The Bud CD has been claimed and will be on its way across the pond in a day or two.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I have a copy in good condition of Willis Jackson, "Gentle Gator" (prestige) I'll offer up for starters. I like John's shipment terms -- free to U.S., cost of shipping overseas in form of amazon gift certificate.

417JHDQTGFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure if this is still available, but I could give it a new home.

I can offer this (free shipping to US, bit more elsewhere):

Noisettes What's the Time Mr. Wolf

Should mention that this arrived safely. Thanks!

Noisettes still on offer, but probably only through Dec. before everything goes to the great cut-out bin in the sky...

• 2 weeks later...

Another freebie:

Harry Skoler - Two Ones (Souloquy). Accomplished jazz clarinetizing; just not to my taste. Radio station call letters written in marker across front of digi-pack and CD label side; pink sticker on spine. Free for the asking anywhere in the world.

The Ahmad Jamal Parrot 45 is still available, much to my surprise. I think it's somewhat scarce; I'm just giving away because I have it and its session-mate on 78. Grab it before I come to my senses and put it back in the 45 box.

Would anyone be interested in samples of a coffee called Jazzman Blue Note?

It is as black as can be, and it is decaf.

Maybe just the thing for light night post-Christmas-party-ing!

I'll be happy to stuff one into a simple envelope for all who are interested.

Edit: LOL I'm losing my mind! Now I see that it is not called "Blue Note" but rather "Bold Note". Oh well.

Edited by GA Russell

• 3 weeks later...

The Ahmad Jamal Parrot 45 is still available, much to my surprise. I think it's somewhat scarce; I'm just giving away because I have it and its session-mate on 78. Grab it before I come to my senses and put it back in the 45 box.

If the Jamal single is still available, I will gladly take it - what do I have to do? I'll cover for shipping, if that's the custom (Haven't been looking into this thread for some time, so please give me instructions).

• 2 weeks later...

The 2 Ellington in the '30s Mosaic boxes have made several of my cds redundant so I have Braggin' in Brass The Immortal 1938 year a 2cd set, as well as the Classics 1939, 1939 vol 2 and 1939-40 cds. (These used to be rather valuable though I suspect the Mosaic sets have made them much less so.)

Would like to get the Classics 1939-1940 if still available.

The 2 Ellington in the '30s Mosaic boxes have made several of my cds redundant so I have Braggin' in Brass The Immortal 1938 year a 2cd set, as well as the Classics 1939, 1939 vol 2 and 1939-40 cds. (These used to be rather valuable though I suspect the Mosaic sets have made them much less so.)

If the Jamal single is still available, I will gladly take it - what do I have to do? I'll cover for shipping, if that's the custom (Haven't been looking into this thread for some time, so please give me instructions).

I was in Europe when this was posted, and just saw this post. All you have to do is send me your address - I'll cover postage.

• 2 weeks later...

Given them all away except "Braggin' in Brass". Any takers?

Given them all away except "Braggin' in Brass". Any takers?

Me! PM sent.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having a clearout and there's a couple of things to pass forward.

Discs Only

I only have the discs so if you're interested send me a PM and they'll be in the post.

Came from a thrift store so not in pristine shape but both play fine ...

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang (emi)

Marcia Ball - Presumed Innocent (alligator)

c

• 1 month later...

I've never checked this thread our before, but take one, give one is a neat idea.

So, I will offer this - Bite The Gnatze - “Wilde dans in eer afgelegen Berghut”. Paul Pallesen, Alan Purves, Michel Duijves, Jorrit Dijkstra, Joost Buis, Japser Le Clercq, Maurice Horsthuis, Meinrad Kneer. A little bit of the Dutch thing with some country/western vibe in a couple spots. A couple of vocals, too. Good fun. Nate Dorward, who used to post here, had it on his best of the year list (in Cadence I think).

Go for it. Nothing ventured as they say.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

This thread has been super dormant. I have a CD to pass along. Given how postage has gone through the roof, I can send to a Canadian address (next couple of weeks) or to a U.S. address (on Aug. 1). Sorry for folks in the EU or Japan. Unless it is swooped up right away, I'll probably crosspost in my next sale post (hopefully up this weekend).

Louis Armstrong - Live at the University of North Carolina (1954)
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7268916

This is a nice concert. First CD is fine but second CD is totally beat up with fairly deep scratches all over. (In fact, the Amazon seller had to give it to me for free after I made them aware of the problem.) It will probably play skip-free on most CD players and computers, but no guarantees.

Note: Armstrong has been claimed. I might have a few other things on offer later.

Edited by ejp626

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two duplicates from my shelves, free to anyone in the world:

Eddie Condon - Town Hall Concerts, Volume 2

Eddie Condon - Town Hall Concerts, Volume 6

These are two-CD sets on Jazzology. Each contains four 30-minute radio broadcasts. Shipped "as is" in the US; without jewel cases outside the US.

I recently placed an order with Ernie B's Reggae (ebreggae.com) in El Dorado Hills, California, who are a fabulous source for a lot of UK labes of all musical types (I am not a reggae guy). Good prices, fabulous service and shipping rates ($11.90 shipping for multiple sets that totaled 68 CD's), and they threw a lot of very cool catalogs into the box for me as a bonus. Pne of them is a complete Bear Family 2011 Catalog, 656 pages. That label is waaaay is too rich for my blood, but the catalog is a thing of beauty. If someone in the USA wants it, I'll send it media rate for free. If someone overseas wants it, I'll send it if you just reimburse my postage cost. Let me know.

• 7 months later...