What's next on your YourMusic.com queue?

GA Russell

I like Filles as well. But I believe that all of it is available in box form from Your Music (65-68 and Silent Way, right?). Considering YM's prices, I would recommend you get those box sets rather than CDs from them.

Filles is better heard in its initial album form than split out of programming order across two boxed sets. If you get the boxes, burn a copy of the original LP.

Guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not very excited about anything in my queue this month. That's why I invited the group to choose my next selection in the Horace Silver thread. In fact, I'm more excited about the seven I ordered from the Jazz Heritage Society (see that thread) than anything in my queue.

I have decided to bump to the top Donald Fagen - The Nightfly. I got the LP of this over twenty years ago. It's been packed away for a long time. I made a cassette copy to listen to in the car, but I have had a CD player in the car for the past two years.

This is one of the few rock albums I've liked since I was in school, if you can call it rock. I'll look forward to playing the CD.

Donald Fagen, The Nightfly! Good god I have that cassette probably lying around here somewhere, but not a clue where to start. :lol: GA, you're going to make me search for that one. I remember the great cover he does of Dion's "Ruby Baby". If I find it, I'll let you know? Too funny...

i have the nightfly on cd ....has this been remastered yet ?

i think it deserves an upgrade.

A 3CD box set is coming out in the UK called the "Nightfly Trilogy" of Fagen's 3 albums. There are varying reports about the possibility that a 4th disc with bonus tracks/outtakes might accompany the set, but no confirmation of that.

And apparently, it's a straight reissue, not a remaster.

• 4 weeks later...

My pick this month is The Best of Django Reinhart on Blue Note.

I don't know much about this. I assume that Django recorded these for a French EMI label, perhaps Odeon. I also assume that all of this material was included in the Mosaic box.

Dan Morgenstern wrote the liner notes, and I believe selected the tunes as well.

This will be my first Django album.

Uh oh....

Starting on April 16, 2007, we will be increasing the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com to $6.99.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price, you are free to cancel at any time by accessing your account.

We hope you'll continue to enjoy your subscription and take advantage of our still low price of only $6.99 with free shipping.

Uh oh....

Starting on April 16, 2007, we will be increasing the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com to $6.99.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price, you are free to cancel at any time by accessing your account.

We hope you'll continue to enjoy your subscription and take advantage of our still low price of only $6.99 with free shipping.

Me too. Just received the same notification today. I figured it was only a matter of time :(

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking about joining back up with yourmusic again. I quit when the price went to 6.99, but I haven't bought a single disc from my regular BMG membership since. It was nice-n-easy not to have to wait for a deal--I could order a single disc and be done with it.