Robert Fripp

I've taken a bit of break from Crim-fever but have been feeling it again lately.

While the sound on Cap D' Agde '82 may not be "great" I think it's very good, or good enough to enjoy. Certainly better than many boots from the time. Some terrific performances on there. I plan on getting the Philadelphia show in my next DGM order in a couple of weeks or so (or as soon as I build up the courage to order Exposure. :lol: ) Absent Lovers is a darn good one, though some of Belew's chit chat is tiresome to me at times. Very small complaint though givern the performance!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been eying the daryl hall solo album too whats the deal w/ it- is it different from hall and oates- cause hall n oates makes me wanna kill myself

It's more Hall & Fripp than Hall & Oates. Robert Fripp is the anti-Oates. Haven't listened to it in a while, but I remember it being a collection of quirky pop songs.

• 5 months later...

Cross posting this here, in addition to the modern rock thread, in case it gets overlooked...

Has anyone picked up or heard "Slow Music", a project with Robert Fripp, Peter Buck, and Bill Rieflin? I'm looking to get this disc, but it was only available during a tour they had earlier this year apparently. If anyone knows a source for this (cheaper than ebay - last one went for $57), I'm interested, thanks!

Slow Music Project

210650517_1cdd3c14b6_m.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There's a new Fripp and Eno album! Fripp & Eno - Beyond Even (1992 - 2006)

A series of musical snapshots, ideas, tunes, pieces, covering a period of

several years. Selected by Brian Eno, most are issued here for the first

time on CD. The musical content is as varied in mood as one might expect

from such disparate time periods. The initial pressing of the album will

be issued as a limited edition 2CD set showcasing the music in different

ways. CD1 offers the first 12 pieces in segued form, while CD 2 offers the

13 pieces individually.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked up (for about $3 a pop) Fripp's "Exposure" and Hall's "Sacred Songs" at a used store on LP. I like the Crimson I've heard, and I've had the second Peter Gabriel album (on CD) for a while now. I'm looking forward to listening to them.

Exposure is great. There's a deluxe edition with all the different versions of the album.

'Exposure' is a wonderful record. I bought it when it came out and it was something of an oasis in a musical world that the bottom had dropped out of. All was three cord punk and new wave and along came this record that still dared to be ambitious. There are tracks on the record that reflect the punk atmosphere of the times but also some gorgeous songs and haunting soundscapes. The use of voices predicting imminent cataclysm give it a real edge and set the performance of Peter Gabriel's 'Here Comes the Flood' in a perfect setting.

Interesting. Seems like this thread has been around forever but I never visited before. I don't really listen to Fripp, although after going through the thread, I remember my vinyls of I Advanced Masked and Evening Star. Even those two I bought because of Eno in the latter and curiosity about Summers in the former. But I heard 21st Century Schizoid Man last night, and two things occurred to me: I must have had at least some taste at twelve; that was incredible. And, I'm not sure why I don't really listen to Fripp; you think that would have pulled me in deeper!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Dug out an EG Records sampler I'd forgotten about on LP and ite reminded me about the Frippertronics stuff I used to have. Love 1988 on this from Let the Power Fall. is the rest of it that good?

Frippertronics are beautiful. I think it all sounds good...old fuzz pedals and reel-to-reel tape loops.