--- title edited by moderator ---

Guest ariceffron

Ok. i just spent maybe an hour completely reading this thread.

I could care less about what happened five years ago between these two guys. I think the ariceffron posts were funny (in fact I have usually steered clear of reading anything he writes because I often read the board in places where I'm supposed to be quiet like the library) but that's all they were.

And brownie, there are too many people contributing stuff of real worth here for you to quit the board to support a mentally insane person like Aric. I resent what you said a while back on this post along the lines of: "He really brought life to this board."

It seems to me that he didn't intend to bring life to the board, he intended to bring death.

Even if these threats were in jest, the guy was off his rocker and it was getting ugly. Imagine if someone on this board threatened you!

I felt terrible when people accused me of not being a good listener when I wrote off Bobby Hutcherson. Imagine how I would have felt if a guy repeatedly threatened to kill me and my family with cancer!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO LOCKING!

How can you think yourself entitled to post but deny others the same, including people who may want to respond to the latest rounds, and others who will come along later?

Rather than NO locking, I would argue for the very limited use of locking. I think Jim and his bro do a great job with this currently, only locking threads when absolutely necessary.

Most moderators would delete threads like this, long before they got out of control. Jim lets us hash things out a bit (sometimes quite a bit), and then every once in a blue moon - he decides it's best to close down a thread. I think this is the best way to handle things, and is very healthy for the board, in the long run.

(And not deleting the thread gives everyone an opportunity to see what went down, after the fact -- so if you miss stuff in real-time, you don't miss stuff.)

You guys forget that Jim is not just this dude who runs a bboard. He is also a practicing musician trying to get better, get gigs, and get some of you freeloaders to buy his damn CD!!!

OK

Jim decided to ban Aric and, despite what we may think, he had the right to do so.

Deus, brownie and Hans decided to leave the board (at least for a while).

Please let´s show some respect for their decissions.

And let´s shut up our mouths and get back to JAZZ

Cheers,

Agustín

Removed from another post and pasted here: Shunning, exclusion, silence are the tools many societies use to punish unwanted behavior! And I think these are often the most effective tools against a certain kind of troublemaker who wants attention! Time-out!

Totally agree. Would that we were NOT a society of folks who always need to have the last word and just can't let anything go!