Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not only wasn't this what I wanted from jazz, it wasn't what I needed from pop—songs, concision, dumb fun. Despite Henderson's funk bass, the operating aesthetic is closer to prog—too smart for its own good, but not as smart as it wants you to think"

I disagree - there are implications of 'song,' and revelry, but if one actually pays attention to the process of this band in continual reinvention over four nights, any of these implications are hacked to bits. I would say that most prog rock is far more obviously orchestrated than these works here - even the Softs at their most "out."

My $.02, fwiw.

If everyone spoke English around here, it sure would save a lot of bandwidth.

it would save even more bandwidth if everyone spoke Dutch. Much less blahblah, more to the point, and much less native speakers who think that every shitty little nuance is caught by the entire world and everyone beyond.

We desperately need more talk-like-a-pirate days.

it would save even more bandwidth if everyone spoke Dutch. Much less blahblah, more to the point, and much less native speakers who think that every shitty little nuance is caught by the entire world and everyone beyond.

Go stick your finger in a dike and save the world. :)

I'm busy, typing with one finger here now. What's your contribution?

:g

:tup

Unless something happened, you have another 8 fingers. Details about the tasks they perform would be appreciated.

I don't know why English has become the language used universally for people from different countries to communicate; perhaps a linguist could shed some light. It's certainly nothing I have imposed.

Should we perhaps switch to Latin? I'd be all for it. It would keep out some idiots.

Bertrand.

Unless something happened, you have another 8 fingers. Details about the tasks they perform would be appreciated.

Using my rudimentary math skills (I did go to Texas A&M after all), 1 + 8 = 9.

If you're counting thumbs, them couw maybe really IS an pirate, and lost a digit to his parrot or something?

Conversely, not counting thumbs, perhaps he's an alien or something?

• 2 weeks later...

I paid € 69,90, but I don't mind. I knew the set would be great - I long hoped to hear this music in its unabridged form, as the tracks as released on Live-Evil were a pivotal experience to me at the beginnimng of my "musical career". For me, it's indispensable, and the commentaries of all the band members are a very nice read.