What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bron:Broen 2 - season two of The Bridge.

I'm up to episode 8 and must admit I'm struggling to follow the plot(s).

I can't quite tell if I haven't been at my cognitive best or that it's badly written but something is making it pretty hard to unravel.

Detective Saga's Asperger seems even more pronounced than in the first season.

Treme's back. Good (it'll never be bad, probably), but comfortable. Uh-oh.

Already one classic line, though - Davis is angsting out about his band not drawing/blah/blah/blah and the one lady says, "Well, you can always fuckin' quit", as in, nobody's making you do this shit, ya' know?

To which I lol'ed out loud several times over, because there's your Truth About Life right there!

Treme's back. Good (it'll never be bad, probably), but comfortable. Uh-oh.

Already one classic line, though - Davis is angsting out about his band not drawing/blah/blah/blah and the one lady says, "Well, you can always fuckin' quit", as in, nobody's making you do this shit, ya' know?

To which I lol'ed out loud several times over, because there's your Truth About Life right there!

Good episode.

Only 4 left. I'll miss it.

borgen_588249m1.jpg

Borgen - last episodes. Great to see Alex get his come-uppance - 'Next time you want some fun, go to a fair.' Sad to see this series end but probably wise to quit while ahead.

p01bqv1h.jpg

BBC 4 TV doc about John Fahey. Another feather in the cap for the station, maintaining diversity of provision (what the BBC should be about and why the Tories must not be allowed to destroy it in the interests of their Eton mates). Alex from Borgen would never have commissioned it!

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Finally finished my revisit to Twin Peaks. This was the first time I'd seen the second season since it was broadcast, so there was definitely a bit of 'memory readjustment' for me. Admittedly, flaws are easier to see. You can tell Lynch was rushed into resolving the murder of Laura Palmer; he threw out the great red herring of Benjamin Horne as the killer but wasn't able to run with it for any length of time. In addition, the show would have been improved greatly by the elimination of two characters: James Hurley and Donna Hayward. The only reason Donna doesn't come across as the biggest moron on the planet is that James is there to make her look a bit higher on the scale than a rock. I'm always annoyed by romantic tension that depends entirely on one or more participant being purposefully stupid, and that's here in spades. Still, it's a pretty darned good show.

I miss Chuck.

Though it seems coming up is a show that seems like it's inspired by or a copy of Chuck: "Intelligence" starring Josh Holloway (Sawyer in LOST). Trying to be a serious version of the man with intelligence database stuck inside his head story structure.

Edited by jazzbo