What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new 18 hour season 3 was produced for Showtime by Lynch and Frost. All directed by Lynch as one long movie. It will not be intelligible if season 1 & 2 & Fire Walk with Me aren't fresh in your mind.

It has been described as pure heroin Lynch. Every episode so far has its own feeling, but think Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire put in a mixer with the Lynch directed episodes of season 1 & 2 and FWwM. Not the cozy, cuddly season 1 & 2 atmosphere.

Over the past three weeks the first five hours (episodes) aired. 

Edited by erwbol

I liked it all, it was all one prolonged dream sequence to me. I never tried to make sense of it out of that sense, so I was never frustrated. I like sleeping, and I really like dreams. Dreams are always the same and never the same, and what they mean, they only mean until the next one. So...

Will look for the new shows on Showtime. Gonna jump right in, sleep right down, daddy let my mind roll on.

sherlock-110_v-variantBig16x9_w-576_zc-9

Watched two (of three) episodes of the fourth "Sherlock Holmes" season .... great story and terrific playing by the cast - special mention has to got to Benedict Cumberbatch whose performance of the drug addicted Sherlock Holmes is beyond belief ....

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

sherlock-110_v-variantBig16x9_w-576_zc-9

Watched two (of three) episodes of the fourth "Sherlock Holmes" season .... great story and terrific playing by the cast - special mention has to got to Benedict Cumberbatch whose performance of the drug addicted Sherlock Holmes is beyond belief ....

I was watching some extra features from one of the Sherlock seasons, and one of the difficult things that Cumberbatch mentioned about playing the part is that he had to speak some of the lines when Holmes is thinking as fast as the character's thoughts would come. He would have to speak them almost without thinking, which would seem incredibly hard to do.

1 hour ago, paul secor said:

I was watching some extra features from one of the Sherlock seasons, and one of the difficult things that Cumberbatch mentioned about playing the part is that he had to speak some of the lines when Holmes is thinking as fast as the character's thoughts would come. He would have to speak them almost without thinking, which would seem incredibly hard to do.

Yes his unbelievable performance is definitely a "tour de force" ....

Have now completed the new seasons of Sherlock, House Of Cards, and Orange Is The New Black. Other than a .25 star deduction to Sherlock for veering just a little teence too far in actionmovieland, this is all ***** stuff in my book.

Also thoroughly enjoying the new season of Master Of None, which is delightfully non-bingeable. Eat one or two, digest thoroughly, come back tomorrow or the day after. Good stuff, this type of satisfying and non-addictive entertainment.

I thought it was an entertaining season myself. Not quite as good as the other two in many ways, but worth watching, especially once you got into the second half.

Interesting article:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/6/22/15833772/fargo-finale-recap-season-3-review-somebody-to-love

Edited by jazzbo

3 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I thought it was an entertaining season myself. Not quite as good as the other two in many ways, but worth watching, especially once you got into the second half.

Interesting article:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/6/22/15833772/fargo-finale-recap-season-3-review-somebody-to-love

Yes - that article sums it up well.

What to say of Twin Peaks season 3 episode 8? Here is what The Guardian said and it's true:

Twin Peaks recap: episode eight – the most mind-melting, majestic outing yet

After this bewilderingly brave and groundbreaking hour of television, David Lynch has outdone himself. What an unforgettable journey

... what follows is so mind-meltingly brave and groundbreaking that’s it’s arguably the most avant garde piece of mainstream television since the show’s initial run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Top Of The Lake Season Two

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/top-of-the-lake-season-2.jpg?w=605

Very good, ignore the negative reviews.

Nicole Kidman is on a roll.

Now finished and have mixed feelings. Leaving threads hanging and the narrative unresolved  was not satisfactory.

It felt like several scriptwriters had made a contribution and the thing had been botched in the editing.

Edited by kinuta