What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

On Episode 6 of Watchmen there is a sequence that takes place in a club in an alternate history/universe 1938.   On  the wall there is a poster with a picture of a saxophone player and the name "Lester LeJeune".   This may be the most subtle  visual jazz joke  I've ever seen.  BTW the episode has a couple of nice Ink Spot cuts on the soundtrack.  

• 2 weeks later...

The Haunting Of Hill House- Mike Flanagan (2018)

Related image

I was half expecting something along the lines of the cheesy American Horror Story but I overcame my deep scepticism and plunged in.

What a surprise, up to now it's a serious, deep psychological portrait of a family traumatised by unexplained events at a house they bought from the Hilll family.

Upended my preconceived ideas and is proving a rich viewing experience. :tup

One of my favorite Christmas traditions.  I looked forward to this performance every year.  It's cool to watch how the production grew over the years.  The 1998 version (at around the 30 minute mark) had Cissy Houston, Phoebe Snow and Roberta Flack as backup singers!

Edited by duaneiac

• 3 weeks later...