What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching "Life" on NBC.

Why do I keep picturing the star of that show standing in front of a mirror thinking "do I look enough like Steve McQueen?" :unsure:

I don't know, watch the show. . .has nothing to do with Steve McQueen, and he doesn't seem to act like him at all. Damien Lewis was very good in Band of Brothers, and he's very good here. Interesting actor.

One of the 'Twilight Zone' Original Series 1 Box Set DVDs. This one had the one where a family escape holocaust on their planet by secretly boarding a UFO - to Earth. Also the weird one with the hitchhiker and the one with the astronauts in death valley dying of de-hydration (made me feel thirsty just watching it). Stunning B&W photography and use of lenses/camera angles to add to the intrigue. This series has held up pretty well over 50 years.

Edited by sidewinder

Yeah - the quality of camerawork on 'The Twilight Zone' early series is the greatest. Love the way they use those unusual camera angles too. For 1959, the production on this one was very advanced and utilised the best of then movie industry production values to give a 'film-noir' feel. Also filmed at MGM Culver City I believe, so they got access to good sets and props.