Erich Kleinschuster & Joe Henderson/Carmell Jones

soulpope

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titles: DISC ONE:The Highest Mountain, Sandra, Ee Bah Lickey Doo, Jolly And The Ranson, Yellow Gale, The Goose, Doug`s Prelude, Chelsea Bridge, The Kicker, Inner Urge, Reconda Me, Serenity, Mamacita, DISC TWO:The J-Dance, A Time For Peace, Rush Hour, Fantangolin, Just Swinging With The Cats, And Things Will Change, Impressions Of Skandinavia, Looking Across, 872, Vienna, Mud House

Would I be right in assuming the first 7 tunes are the session with Carmell, and the last 11 tunes are the two sessions with Clifford??  (And do I have my assumptions right about the tunes from Joe's set??)

You got the Joe set right.

Check the editing I've done on your post. The titles in green are the Jordan ones. The Joe titles are in your bold. What's left is by Carmel.

I repeat - the Jordan cuts are superb. The whole thing is excellent ( and the arrangement on "Chelsea Bridge" is really nice), but those Clifford titles are my favorites.

Hey Jim,

Since you're maybe the only person on this board who already has this release, I've got some trivia (or trivial) questions for you about it.

Can you let us (or at least me) in on the composers of the tunes on the Clifford and Carmel dates??

Don't worry about going down the list, tune by tune, with exactly who wrote what. But I have to admit that I'm not nearly as familiar with Carmel's output, nor Clifford's --- as I am with Joe's. So few of the song titles are ringing a bell with me, thus I'm assuming most of the tunes are originals by Clifford and Carmel?? Is this a correct assumption??

Collective Personel: Erich Kleinschuster (tb), Hans Salomon (ts, bcl), Rudi Wilfer (p, org), Fritz Pauer (p), Rudolf Hansen (b), Jimmy Woode (b), Erich Bachträgl (dr), Joe Henderson (ts), Carmell Jones (tp), Clifford Jordan (ts)

Also, what is the instrumentation on each of the four dates??

For instance, I see another tenor player listed, so does that imply a three-horn front-line on any of the dates, and which one(s)?? Any interesting "three-horn front-line" arrangements worthy of mention?? Heck, some of those Joe tunes were first recorded with one-horn front lines -- so any interesting arrangements of Joe's tunes worth mentioning??

Which date(s) have organ on them?? And is it organ on the complete session, or a mix of organ and piano??

I told you my questions were trivial? :g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I have also ordered this cd from redoctopus by using the link from soulpope.

I just want to tell you that redoctopus told me, that we all share with this link the same customer id. It would be better to use this correctly link.

redoctopus-kleinschuster

greetings

marcus

Edited by marcus

I just want to tell you that redoctopus told me, that we all share with this link the same customer id. It would be better to use this correctly link.

redoctopus-kleinschuster

greetings

marcus

I'll request that Jim (or Use) replace the link in the first post, with the link you provided. Thanks for passing this along.

I think I'll hold off with this very tempting set for time being, hopefully Dusty will be persuaded to get it in. My German skills at the moment are almost up to the level of Basic Fawlty ( ;) ).

Dusty Groove now has this listed for notification when it comes in.

I'm on the list.

redoctopus-kleinschuster

greetings

marcus

I'll request that Jim (or Use) replace the link in the first post, with the link you provided. Thanks for passing this along.

that explains a lot, I must have been the 4th to order using that link, the kind folks at red octopus emailed me saying that I had in fact ordered one ccopy and not 4 and they realised that Edinburgh, Scotland wasn't in Texas- !!!!!!

I got mine 2 days ago and have played disc 1 repeatedly but only just this morning moved on to disc 2.

The Clifford Jordan session on disc 1 is superb. Freshly minted hard bop of the highest order. Jordan is majesterial and the rest of the gang well up to the task. Clearly well rehearsed, beautifully recorded. Swings like mad. Pianist plays some really off the wall electric piano- love it.

thanks

Not yet - they're out of stock and put me on backorder  :(

It seems that you have to wait some weeks because UNIVERSAL was forced to stop delivering, due to legal problems... I've no exact informations so far, as the producer of the series is on holiday and will be back in two weeks time. I hope I'll come back with more and better infos then.

Christian

Emil, danke für Deine PM!

It seems that you have to wait some weeks because UNIVERSAL was forced to stop delivering, due to legal problems... I've no exact informations so far, as the producer of the series is on holiday and will be back in two weeks time. I hope I'll come back with more and better infos then.

Christian

Any more info?

I haven't ordered a copy, but I am planning to do so... I hope it will be available again!

Christian

Any more info?

I haven't ordered a copy, but I am planning to do so... I hope it will be available again!

According to very reliable sources the legal problems should be fixed very soon.It should be available again soon.

greetings from Vienna