Waiting for the Boogaloo Sisters... RELEASED!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my copy today, and I must say, I love this cd. Has a nice, tight sound, and it's obvious that a lot of creativity went into Waiting for the Boogaloo Sisters... Put me down on the I love "Life Wish" side, had a great vibe to it, Joe Gloss does great things on this cut. Marsh is also outstanding, keeping everyone in line. I'll be spending a lot of time listening to this over the next couple days, along with my other fav of the moment... The Dropper :o . Congratulations to Jim, Joe, and Randy for a fantastic first effort.

Moms. Was playing some Don Wilkerson in the car the other night while driving my Mom to her house. She commented on each song as it started. "Oh, l like this one..." and so on. Until they played a slow blues..."Oh, I DON'T like this. Boring"

So I guess it's not just the young who hate the blues. ;)

"Lifewish," or a slow blues by Wilkerson. Let's face it neither one has WORDS! :D

Got it earlier today, Jim. I was listening without reading the jacket, and one song just blew me away. I should have know after reading the above that it was Lifewish. Damn fine guitar!

The whole disc is awesome. I have to admit, it's different from what I expected, or rather what I feared. Good stuff, and it doesn't remind me of other stuff, you know what I mean? Original and cool!

The whole disc is awesome. I have to admit, it's different from what I expected, or rather what I feared. Good stuff, and it doesn't remind me of other stuff, you know what I mean? Original and cool!

Mark,

We're really trying to do something different with the organ trio. I don't want to be another Jimmy Smith imitator. That's cool and all, but there are cats that can do it much better than me. Your comments are very helpful... it looks like we're succeeding in our goals. :D

Joe is a bad mofo. But he's bad in a subtle way. That's what I love about his playing! Thank you for your purchase and your comments! Spread the word, brotha!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Great CD! While its nice to support people you know, (well at least through the board), you can't really be sure of getting anything of quality.

Not in this case! I would have bought it on first listen. Now if you would just tour in New Hampshire!

Thanks again for the great music and I look forward to more!

I just received my Organissimo cd. I've only had a chance to listen to the first two tracks, but I am really impressed. All three of you play your asses off. I can't wait to hear the rest!

:g

I'm glad you got your copy and are enjoying it.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Randissimo!

I brought my copy to work and I plan on listening to it today.

I've really been enjoying it.

I just received my Organissimo cd. I've only had a chance to listen to the first two tracks, but I am really impressed. All three of you play your asses off. I can't wait to hear the rest!

I'm glad you got your copy and are enjoying it.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Randissimo!

I brought my copy to work and I plan on listening to it today.

I've really been enjoying it.

----Very cool! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking B3-er!

I don't have the cd with me right now, but when I do I'll sit down and write out my impressions.

What I will say now is how much I am impressed by your individual playing on the cd. One thing my favorite albums have in common is that I can lock into what each of the different musicians is playing and enjoy the album on different levels. I feel the same way about your cd. Sometimes I just get really into the drums, other times really into the organ, etc..., and overall it's a great listen when I just focus on the whole thing. As a guitarist, I'm really impressed by Joe's playing. I don't know if this would be an accurate statement, but the first impression I had was this album is how it would sound if someone like Pat Metheny was playing in a smoking organ trio.

I bought the cd because I appreciated what you had done in creating this board and I the mp3 files sounded good on this site. I was very surprised by how much I liked the album. You know how it is when you hear your friend's band. Usually, you try to find something to like about it. In Organissimo's case, I would dig this record even if I didn't know (or like) you guys. It really smokes.

I don't know why people are buying Soulive when they can be buying your cd. If Tomatbluenote checks into this board, I would HIGHLY recommend he order a copy and then sign you guys up.

:rsmile: