The Frank and Joe Show

Jazz Kat

If you liked the last one, you'll like this one. Very much "of a piece." I have to be in the right mood to enjoy the "Frank and Joe Show" discs. They're well played and fun, but there's a lot of "virtuosity for virtuosity's sake" on these albums. Still, if you're a Django fan and you like that style of jazz guitar, these are worth checking out...

It's sorta straight-ahead I guess. It's not free if that's what you wanna know. It's almost pop though. Very kitschy; very tongue-in-cheek. Both these guys are capable of more interesting music.

cb-a

Not my impression at all. There's a sense of humor, but what exactly cries out for the word "kitsch?" Heightened by a "very," yet. And not very Django-y to my ear, either (though it has its moments). I'd compare the mood to something like Hot Club of Cowtown, but with a lot more instrumental virtuosity (sometimes of the show-offy sort, but not to an offensive extent)

--eric

Edited by Dr. Rat