True Confessions

Brownian Motion

What with all the recent valentines being tossed in the direction of such disparate musical luminaries as Lawrence Welk, Ray Anthony, and 101 Strings here in the Organissimo Forums, I decided it was past time for a thread where each of us can unload our dirty little musical secrets.

I like the singing of Glen Campbell, specifically the Jimmy Webb-John Hartford material that he recorded in the late '60s or early '70s. Even the sugary strings and blaring horn sections can't disguise the quality of the songs and the sincerity of Campbell's delivery.

Next.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the singing of Glen Campbell, specifically the Jimmy Webb-John Hartford material that he recorded in the late '60s or early '70s. Even the sugary strings and blaring horn sections can't disguise the quality of the songs and the sincerity of Campbell's delivery.

I gotta confess - I've always liked "Wichita Lineman". :blush:

I'm that old. ^_^ And I agree.

Okay... here goes... the last time PBS ran the documentary on The Carpenters, I watched it... the whole thing... and... I... :unsure: enjoyed it.

I'll go for the hat trick: I also dig a lot of Andy Williams' old Columbia stuff.

BTW, this thread is right along the lines of these:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...uilty+pleasures

How about "I was Kaiser Wilhelm's Batman" by Whisting Jack Smith.  A favorite from the 60s.  Surely, someone remembers that.

No, can't say that I do. Nor do I remember "L. David Sloan" by Michelle Lee or "Loving You Has Made Me Banannas" by Robert Q. Lewis. I can't remember a damn thing.

I can't dance - and have no desire to learn - but Deee-Lite's Groove Is In The Heart makes me want to try. :blush:

Oh, and I've got about 90% of a Frankenstein monster built in my garage. If I can catch just one more hobo, I'll have it completed...

Also, Rolf Harris' "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Jack".

"Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" :) Ah, that takes me back... to a time when I had no idea what the hell that song was about! I still don't. :lol:

As 50 plussers, we're obviously dating ourselves Jim.

Whoa now... I'm still 49 for a few months yet! :lol:

Close enough!