for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

Help! I used to be able to 'read' the website in English - can't seem to find the option now.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! -_-

after their re-design, they dropped the english version...but send me a PM and let me know what you need, I might be able to help with "enhanced personal translation services" <_<

Cheers, Tjobbe

With the help of a web-dictionary, managed to navigate the site (at snail's pace), add stuff to the cart and complete the order. Thanks for the offer anyhow! :D

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help! I used to be able to 'read' the website in English - can't seem to find the option now.

after their re-design, they dropped the english version...but send me a PM and let me know what you need, I might be able to help with "enhanced personal translation services" <_<

Cheers, Tjobbe

With the help of a web-dictionary, managed to navigate the site (at snail's pace), add stuff to the cart and complete the order. Thanks for the offer anyhow! :D

I guess you used http://dict.leo.org for that? Just spreading the word for that excellent site - it may help others who have the same problem you had!

Found this list compiled by king ubu elsewhere here.

Vogue list:

Clifford Brown - The Complete Paris Sessions Vol. 1

Clifford Brown - The Complete Paris Sessions Vol. 2

Clifford Brown - The Complete Paris Sessions Vol. 3

Don Byas - With Mary Lou Williams Trio / With Beryl Booker Trio

Jay Cameron... (?)

Roy Eldridge & his Little Jazz Vol. 1

Roy Eldridge & his Little Jazz Vol. 2

Dizzy Gillespie - Plays in Paris

Dizzy Gillespie - Pleyel 49

Dizzy Gillespie - Pleyel 53

Lionel Hampton & his All Stars (*)

Coleman Hawkins / Jonny Hodges - the Vogue Sessions

André Hodeir - The Vogue Sessions

Bobby Jaspar & Henri Renaud

Bobby Jaspar & his Modern Jazz

Bobby Jaspar / David Amram

Duke Jordan - New York / Bud Powell - Paris

Thelonious Monk - Solo 1954

Gerry Mulligan - Pleyel Concert Vol. 1

Gerry Mulligan - Pleyel Concert Vol. 2

Oscar Pettiford - Sextet

Jimmy Raney - Visits Paris Vol. 1

Jimmy Raney - Visits Paris Vol. 2

Henri Renaud... (title?)

Zoot Sims - Quartet & Sextet

Martial Solal - Complete Vogue Vol. 1

Martial Solal - Complete Vogue Vol. 2

Martial Solal - Complete Vogue Vol. 3

Lucky Thompson - Complete Vogue Vol. 1

Lucky Thompson - Complete Vogue Vol. 2

Barney Wilen - Tilt

Mary Lou Williams - London Sessions (title?)

Various - The Saxophone Collection

Various - The Piano Collection Vol. 1

Various - The Piano Collection Vol. 2

Various - The 1954 Paris Sessions

The box set does not include all of these ... maybe there's another box coming, although the rest doesn't merit a 10-CD set?

What a great series that was/is (most of the ones listed above are OOP, but there have been 10 or so later releases last year: Solal Vol. 4, Bechet/Solal, Piazolla/Schifrin, Bebop in Paris Vols. 1 & 2 and a few more - there's a thread about those, somewhere).

That box would certainly be worth getting for someone who doesn't have any of the individual discs!

Seems I'll have to drop in at their Frankfurt outlet today - you guys are killing me!

I can feel you pain... I ordered for 150 €, including all the Ellingtons, the Contemporary Story, Debut Story, Ella & Basie 4CD sets, and a bunch of OJCs (I did not order any that I clearly identified as being 20bit ZYXs, thnough - usually I think one can tell from the description, and if there's a pic, the ones with black frames are 20bit ZYX digipacks, mostly).

Cheers, Tjobbe

I guess you used http://dict.leo.org for that? Just spreading the word for that excellent site - it may help others who have the same problem you had!

You might also try AltaVista Babel Fish. I don't know whether the German-English translation is as accurate as on the site Flurin suggested, but it lets you copy/paste entire blocks of text into its window for translation. And it also provides translation between a variety of languages. I've used it to review and order from the Zweitausendeins site.

You might also try AltaVista Babel Fish. I don't know whether the German-English translation is as accurate as on the site Flurin suggested, but it lets you copy/paste entire blocks of text into its window for translation. And it also provides translation between a variety of languages. I've used it to review and order from the Zweitausendeins site.

Leo indeed allows only word by word translations, but it's just as good as any printed dictionnary.

Edited by king ubu

...update on my situation :angry: :

I placed an order on February 22nd, for the following items:

Wes Montgomery Riverside box

Dexter Gordon Prestige box

Count Basie Mosaic

Roy Eldridge Mosaic

Mercury Jazztet Mosaic

Total order cost - about Euro 242.00, or roughly $300.00 (per disc cost of $6.66, which is how I justified it in my head).

Anyway, due to their "storage warehouse relocation", it took them 3 weeks to send my order out, on March 11th (though they didn't confirm that for me until March 23rd). That order never showed up. On April 19, zweitausendeins finally agreed that the order was in fact missing, and informed me they would send a replacement order out.

On Saturday I got an email notification that the order had been shipped. Hooray!!! However, on closer reading of the email, it seems that except for the Dexter Gordon box, all the other boxes are now sold out, so they aren't in my shipment.

Yesterday I sent an email expressing my frustration and telling Stefan that I was angry about this whole order. I told him the shipping costs for this one box set are too high, for just one of the 5 box sets that I originally ordered (and that were AVAILABLE at the time I placed the order).

He apologized and agreed to refund the shipping costs. That's nice, but I really WANTED those box sets. :angry:

Count Basie Mosaic

Roy Eldridge Mosaic

Mercury Jazztet Mosaic

Total order cost - about Euro 242.00, or roughly $300.00 (per disc cost of $6.66, which is how I justified it in my head).

Anyway, due to their "storage warehouse relocation", it took them 3 weeks to send my order out, on March 11th (though they didn't confirm that for me until March 23rd). That order never showed up. On April 19, zweitausendeins finally agreed that the order was in fact missing, and informed me they would send a replacement order out.

On Saturday I got an email notification that the order had been shipped. Hooray!!! However, on closer reading of the email, it seems that except for the Dexter Gordon box, all the other boxes are now sold out, so they aren't in my shipment.

Yesterday I sent an email expressing my frustration and telling Stefan that I was angry about this whole order. I told him the shipping costs for this one box set are too high, for just one of the 5 box sets that I originally ordered (and that were AVAILABLE at the time I placed the order).

He apologized and agreed to refund the shipping costs. That's nice, but I really WANTED those box sets. :angry:

Sorry to hear about that, Erik. :( I suspect that those Mosaics will show up there again. In the meantime, I think you'll really enjoy the Dex box (I got it from them, also).

On the subject of cheap Universal Mosaics, I see that Basie and Farlow are currently at £26.97 on amazon.co.uk

I believe this offer is set to end SOON

Edited to point out that price quoted is UK Pounds Sterling.

Looks like they are quoting a 1-2 week availability for more copies.

Why can't these #####ers get the Buddy Rich and Oliver Nelson in stock at the nice price. The frustration is killing me ! :rmad::lol:

Is there any surefire way to distinguish the Fantasy ZYX remasters from the non-ZYX remasters for the single CDs? I assume anytime I see 'digitally remastered' it is one of those ZYX remasters. Are they really THAT bad?

I have to admit that my experience has been positive with ZYX disks, although some on the board have had problems with them. Was playing their version of Frank Wess 'The Long Road' yesterday and it sounded absolutely excellent, lovely big soundstage. 'Remastering by Kirk Felton' in the US is usually a very good sign (which seems to be the case with most of the '2LPs on 1CD' type reissues that Fantasy have put out and some of which are in the 'Zwei' bargain list).

Edited by sidewinder

Is there any surefire way to distinguish the Fantasy ZYX remasters from the non-ZYX remasters for the single CDs? I assume anytime I see 'digitally remastered' it is one of those ZYX remasters. Are they really THAT bad?

Hi DAvid,

you can be very sure to get the ZYX remasters if the text element states them to be 20bit or 24bit remastered. If the text simply say's remastered, I would guess in more than 70% you will get the US disc's printed by ZYX so I would rather go for those.

Lets say it that way: the less prominent the musician the more likely it is that you get the US masters. YOu need to note that within the ZYX catalog they always offered the ZYX aside the regular US master as well so they do have had both on stock.

My experience with those is ZYX is mixed, some are good, the majority seemed to be ok, a minority I rated as ugly but only very few, I was able to compare different masterings (some Wes Montgomery e.g)

Hope that helps, Tjobbe

EDIT: you need to differentiate between "printed by ZYX" and "re-mastered" ! The printed by simply means they manufactured those. The US stuff normally is jewel case.

Edited by tjobbe

Seems I'll have to drop in at their Frankfurt outlet today - you guys are killing me!

I can feel your pain ... I ordered for 150 €, ......

Well, at € 25 I spent it was okay - the Fantasy Jazz Poetry box for 8,99, and 4 single CDs for 3,99 each: two by Chico O'Farrill I wanted to get for a long time, one Ray Barretto and one Red Norvo, all are excellent.

Seems like Zweitausendeins sells most of ZYX' remaining stocks one after another.

I wish they had the Tatum solo box .....

So, in U.S. dollars, what is the individual cost of the Basie and the Gordon boxes at amazon.uk?

Up over and out.

You should be able to set your account so it automatically calculates prizes in another currency - works for Swiss Franks, at least!

Dave,

To do this, click the "Your Account" button at the top of any page on the amazon.co.uk site, then go to Account Setttings/Payment Settings/"Set Your Preferred Currency." Then choose U.S. Dollars from the drop-down window. (Here I go again, supplementing Flurin's suggestion. :rolleyes: ) Once you do that, amazon.co.uk will show the approximate U.S. dollar amount in parentheses for every item on the site. Also, the listed prices include the UK VAT (value added tax), which will automatically be deducted when you check out (you can go all the way to the final check-out screen before placing the order if you want to see your net price).

For general currency conversion needs, try this site.

I have been having troubles with my order too, Marcoliv. Placed on Feb 22, not arrived yet. Just yesterday they told me (finally) that they are going to ship a replacement.

Why did your order get shipped to Madrid, when you are in Brazil?

there is a major reason Aggie. if they ship this to Brazil i have to pay a delicious 100% on importation taxes which is applicable on the total cost (goods+shipping).

there is a price for living in a place with nice beaches and gorgeous ladies

i have a friend in Spain who is supposed to come down here to visit his parents so i'm loading him with discs :g

Marcus

Count Basie Mosaic

Roy Eldridge Mosaic

Mercury Jazztet Mosaic

thanks for this post. now i do have a real picture on the status of my order

my orders were placed on the beginning of february with a single day of difference between them. the dexter boxset arrived a month later including a book of Matisse that i've never ordered. so far, my credit card has not been charged

the Pepper and the Montgomery ones were supposedly shipped according to 2001 on March,13th. just checked with my friend in Spain today and nothing has arrived yet. no charges on my cc too

it's clear that i won't have the boxes delivered

it's time to send another email to 2001

Marcus