Ebay craziness

Strange thing is this auction made the Dutch newspapers this morning. It said it was an auction by a Dutch woman (even named in the paper) so I'm puzzled by this auction. Are there more of these cakes or is this the buyer of the Dutch woman's cake. As you can tell with this selling price I'm baking cakes for the next couple of weeks to see if Mary (and the lottery) may come again!!!!

Strange thing is this auction made the Dutch newspapers this morning. It said it was an auction by a Dutch woman (even named in the paper) so I'm puzzled by this auction. Are there more of these cakes or is this the buyer of the Dutch woman's cake. As you can tell with this selling price I'm baking cakes for the next couple of weeks to see if Mary (and the lottery) may come again!!!!

So....this was truly a dutch auction then???? :huh:

:w

I have mentioned several times that I have a Mosaic Shorty Rogers LP set that I hope one day to sell and buy a replacement 4-CD set. So, I keep my eyes open for a CD set on eBay ... There is one currently listed, and with 5 days to go there are 13 bids, and the price is over $150!! At this rate a 4-CD set will go for over $200 .... hmmmm.. I think that I will go for a CDR transfer instead ...

Garth,

Houston.

I have mentioned several times that I have a Mosaic Shorty Rogers LP set that I hope one day to sell and buy a replacement 4-CD set. So, I keep my eyes open for a CD set on eBay ... There is one currently listed, and with 5 days to go there are 13 bids, and the price is over $150!! At this rate a 4-CD set will go for over $200 .... hmmmm.. I think that I will go for a CDR transfer instead ...

Garth,

Houston.

The Rogers set finally went for $212.50. Are many other Mosaic sets going for $50 a disc?

Interestingly enough, fifteen years ago you could not have given anything by Shorty Rogers away! I am really impressed how much you "younger" folks on this board appreciate west coast jazz for what it is, unlike the previous generation that was very disparaging of that genre. It almost made me cry when I read a comment on here recently praising the Curtis Counce albums on OJC/Contemporary ... :D

Garth,

Houston.

Last few Ebay prices for the Shorty Rogers Atlantic Mosaic LP set.... $280 $118 $183. What do you want for the LP set?