Ebay craziness

Frantic bidding here to secure a rare damaged in-print Byrd/Adams set  :wacko:

Byrd Adams Blowout

"Current bid: US $99.99"

"THE COVER HAS A SMALL TEAR ALONG THE SPINE."

I guess this is worth at least $36 more than a brand-new set purchased directly from Mosaic because of this additional "patina." :blink:

Edited by Ron S

Maybe I'll sit on mine.  Wonder what it will be worth then.... :wacko:

Depends on how much you weigh, I guess... ;)

Hmmmm . . . . "small tear along the spine" adds at least $36 . . . . a TOTALLY CRUSHED spine must be worth hundreds!! :D

Say, if you have that set and you own a dog, let him rip away, and ... $100 over retail price!!! We may have a money-making scheme here. :w

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'll sit on mine.  Wonder what it will be worth then.... :wacko:

Depends on how much you weigh, I guess... ;)

Hmmmm . . . . "small tear along the spine" adds at least $36 . . . . a TOTALLY CRUSHED spine must be worth hundreds!! :D

Say, if you have that set and you own a dog, let him rip away, and ... $100 over retail price!!! We may have a money-making scheme here. :w

Hell, I'll jump up & down on mine with golf shoes!!! Oughta be worth a fortune for that!!! :g

Classic:  Don Pullen

"DON PULLEN-Mosaic Select 3 CD RARE numbered sealed"

I guess it's RARE because it's the only set that, while otherwise identical to a brand-new set that could be purchased from Mosaic for $39, has so far been bid up to $51.88 on Ebay. :wacko: Who knew there was such a robust Arbitrage Market for Mosaics? :party:

rare

adj 1: not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness; "a rare word"; "rare books" 2: recurring only at long intervals; "a rare appearance"; "total eclipses are rare events" 3: not widely distributed; "rare herbs"; "rare patches of gree in the desert" 4: marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind; "what is so rare as a day in June"-J.R.Lowell; "a rare skill"; "an uncommon sense of humor"; "she was kind to an uncommon degree" [syn: uncommon] 5: having low density; "rare gasses"; "lightheaded from the rarefied mountain air" [syn: rarefied, rarified] 6: (of meat) cooked a short time; still red inside; "rare roast beef"

If I were selling this set, I'd have no problem affixing the word rare to its description. Also, I'd be cackling with glee over the poor sods unwary enough to over-bid on a readilly available set.

Can't say that I blame the seller on this one.

The Great Grand daughter of Lester Young is currently selling a number of magazines and other memorabilia that belonged to her grandmother who was Lester Young's daughter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3865165440&rd=1

Only $16 for this beautiful Ralph Lauren CHAP Sweater? But Lester's great-granddaughter touched it!

:P