Ebay craziness

The first Lou Donaldson Mosaic offered on eBay since the bad news just ended today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Wonder how much a Dinah Washington will fetch. :blink:

Would you believe the first Dinah Washington went for even more, and it wasn't even mint?

Meanwhile someone snatched up that incredible deal for a nearly new Don Pullen set.

The first Lou Donaldson Mosaic offered on eBay since the bad news just ended today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Wonder how much a Dinah Washington will fetch. :blink:

Would you believe the first Dinah Washington went for even more, and it wasn't even mint?

Meanwhile someone snatched up that incredible deal for a nearly new Don Pullen set.

Total flamin' madness :rolleyes:

You mean there are crooks in the Jazz World :o

Nautuliso seems to be a rather good one at that game!

Watched his eBay items when they were up and rather marveled at the amount of rare albums he was offering for auction.

Glad I was past my vinyl buying days when his LPs showed up! In any case the prices were way over my means :mellow:

On the opposite end: just scored the Don Cherry Mosaic for $40!!!

The availability of 'Where Is Brooklyn' as a Conn has probably dented the value of that set (on CD - I'm sure the vinyl is still strongly in demand).

Great set to have, nevertheless !

Indeed, and I even had all three albums in their Conn/RVG editions, but why pass up a chance to throw another black box in the row?

Though I did just see one go for just over $100 on ebay the other day.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly wonder what people are thinking at times on ebay, and here's a great example: Beatles Mono box set, $1,000.00 just because it is a first edition. :rfr

Seriously, why????????????? Proof of seomthing I don't get.

There's all sorts of crazy sellers out there who ask for the moon, but that doesn't mean they necessarily get a bite. (The $1,700 NKC Mosaic is one of the more recent examples.) Looks like this person hasn't sold any of his copies.

It also looks like a pretty good scam. According to his own Q&A, you can't tell it's a 1st edition until you open it and inspect some printed serial number on the CDs. By then you've already broken the seal and can't return it, and its collector value diminishes.