Miles Davis: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

From the NY Daily News:

Jazz great Miles Davis' posthumous induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be a moment to celebrate the musical genius. But the upcoming ceremony has only reopened an ugly rift in his family.

His estranged son Gregory Davis is complaining that the Hall won't give him free tickets to the March 13 event.

The two comps provided have gone to the Davis estate, run by Gregory's sister Cheryl, about whom he has nothing pleasant to say.

For example: "My sister, we don't even believe she was a Davis. We don't even think there will be any Davises accepting that award."

Youch!

He also says of his father's legend: "That biography is full of stories that are not true. My father did a lot of exaggeration. Sometimes we wouldn't even let him in. I got a book coming out in three months. This is one, by one who lived with him, so to speak, in the trenches."

A New York probate filing says only that Davis' estate was worth in excess of $1 million when he died in 1991. His will left 20% to Cheryl, 40% to his son Erin, 10% to a nephew and 15% each to his brother and sister. It left nothing to his other two sons, Gregory and Miles 3rd.