DON CHERRY Question...

Hey guys, back again for more help finding catalogue numbers for imports...

This time I'm looking for two Don Cherry albums exclusive to the Japanese market:

The MINI-LP Sleeve of "Eternal Rhythym" which was released through Universal in 2000, I believe.

And the HDCD remaster of "Here & Now" which was released in a standard jewelcase packaing.

Does anyone own either of these CDs, or could help in tracking down the catalogue numbers?

Any help is appreciated as always!!!

Hello Oliver,

I have the currently available jewel case version of Eternal Rhythm (UCCU-5184) which is produced from the same remastering (24 Bit) as the one you're referring at. I believe it's UCCM-9027. It's about the only one from this series I don't have in mini LP format so it must be very hard to find. Here and Now I don't have and I couldn't find information on the net after a quick scan.

Thanks Bluerein,

I know that they are both long out of print and quite rare, but I'd still really like to find the Mini-LP versions if possible.... I was also unable to bring up any information whatsoever on "Here & Now", though there's a listing at Amazon with a 2000 release date indicating that it was released as a mini-LP exclusively overseas.

If anyone else could track down either of these catalogue numbers, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks Bluerein,

I know that they are both long out of print and quite rare, but I'd still really like to find the Mini-LP versions if possible.... I was also unable to bring up any information whatsoever on "Here & Now", though there's a listing at Amazon with a 2000 release date indicating that it was released as a mini-LP exclusively overseas.

If anyone else could track down either of these catalogue numbers, I'd really appreciate it!!

(Take this or leave it.) I have seen exactly 1 mini-LP copy of "Here & Now" at either the Berkeley or LA Amoeba locations. That was a while ago (my memory is shoddy) and the CD has long since been purchased... but if any pseudo-major chain store can get you a copy (on the WC, at least), Amoeba may be your best bet. The mini-LP of "Eternal Rhythm" isn't that rare, and the decent-but-could-be-better jewel-case MPS reissue from somehwere over a decade ago makes the rounds in the used bins (I'm happy with mine). Good luck!

Edited by ep1str0phy

Thanks a lot guys!

Still if anyone has the catalogue numbers for either, I'd still like to try and track these down online and just have them for referance to verify when I do purchase.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help!

And if anyone comes accross the cat. no's. - it's be much appreciated!

Hey guys, back again for more help finding catalogue numbers for imports...

This time I'm looking for two Don Cherry albums exclusive to the Japanese market:

The MINI-LP Sleeve of "Eternal Rhythym" which was released through Universal in 2000, I believe.

And the HDCD remaster of "Here & Now" which was released in a standard jewelcase packaing.

Does anyone own either of these CDs, or could help in tracking down the catalogue numbers?

Any help is appreciated as always!!!

Eternal Rhythm-Papersleeve Edition UCCM-9027

Hear & Now-Jewel Case Hdcd-Japan Release AMCY-1283

I hope this brings you the information you wanted.