BFT 38 Sign Up

Please PM me with requests for my BFT (#38) to be sent to you with email address and your postal address. Even though I've been out of the loop for a little while now, my test is just about ready to go. I would appreciate duplicators in Europe and such. I know Big Al is often a help to others with sending packages and the like. Big Al?

Matt

So far I've only received replies from

Nate Dorward

Dan Gould

mikeweil

The Magnificent Golberg

relyles

stereojack

Bright Moments

I assume others want in. Initial mailing is going out tomorrow.

Note: I would really prefer to save money on postage and packaging by sending the files out individually via AIM or Skype or yousendit.com which allows me to send an attachment of anything less than 1 GB to any email address. This will allow you to get the files quicker, have them on your computer, and if you wish, burn a disc and listen wherever. I am just real low on cash right now and I am on the computer all day and night.

Matt

So far I've only received replies from

Nate Dorward

Dan Gould

mikeweil

The Magnificent Golberg

relyles

stereojack

Bright Moments

I assume others want in. Initial mailing is going out tomorrow.

Note: I would really prefer to save money on postage and packaging by sending the files out individually via AIM or Skype or yousendit.com which allows me to send an attachment of anything less than 1 GB to any email address. This will allow you to get the files quicker, have them on your computer, and if you wish, burn a disc and listen wherever. I am just real low on cash right now and I am on the computer all day and night.

Matt

I would like to join in - PM coming soon.

A warning - I recently had my handle changed to reflect the name of my radio show, which is called the Jazz Clinic.

Another warning - the discs have not really gone out yet despite a previous post saying otherwise because of the holiday and other stupid reasons like having to wait in ridiculous lines at the post office.

I have been sending the BFT (which is 2 audio discs) to certain individuals by yousendit.com and it's been working for them. There are 9 packages going out for sure in tomorrow's mail. Please post here if you've already received anything from me by email as a zip file. I will be sure not to include you in the physical mailing.

Any questions PM me. Sorry for the delay. I hope you all enjoy this. There is no real theme except for some instruments being featured over others.

Matt

Please PM me with requests for my BFT (#38) to be sent to you with email address and your postal address. Even though I've been out of the loop for a little while now, my test is just about ready to go. I would appreciate duplicators in Europe and such. I know Big Al is often a help to others with sending packages and the like. Big Al?

Matt

PM sent!!! Of course I'd love to help distribute. Hope I'm not too late!

All has worked okay for me with the files from "yousendit.com". I've listened and am ready when you are to start commenting. A very interesting bunch of stuff.

Is it all right to pass on the links to other potential participants? - I have done so to sidewinder. Perhaps you will need to keep track of the number of downloads although with a 100 limit I should think that would be enough.

As the links are not posted here but only sent to participants separately, does this avoid the copyright issue? I can't see that there's much difference between that and sending a CDR. Anything to avoid queuing at the Post Office I should think! :(

When I send it to you at your email address, I was only aware of it going to your email address or only being accessible to your email address - like a verification thing. Perhaps I can post the link on the page here for others to download. Let's try it:

BFT 38 CD 1 - http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...9742C626C1D2954

BFT 38 CD 2 - http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...E3BC11562A79C0C

Happy downloading! The CDs were send worldwide today (except to king ubu, tooter, mikeweil, and steven)

Matt

I'm downloading CD1 right now. Cool beans! I may incorporate this distribution method for mine next month.

I know I'm a bad sport and willfully bipassing established BFT etiquette, but I'd rather just ID tracks rather than give comments. I know this removes about 90% of the intent but as a musician I'd rather keep my opinions to myself and not insult anybody. Does this disqualify me from contributing? If not, how soon can we post track IDs?

Anyway, there's a lot of nice stuff on these discs.

Edited by Michael Weiss

I know I'm a bad sport and willfully bipassing established BFT etiquette, but I'd rather just ID tracks rather than give comments. I know this removes about 90% of the intent but as a musician I'd rather keep my opinions to myself and not insult anybody. Does this disqualify me from contributing? If not, how soon can we post track IDs?

AFAIC those 90% are the interesting part ...... no insulting intended, by nobody participating - each to his own taste!

The BFT Compiler is supposed to start a separate discussion thread. If you prefer to just tell us what the tracks are, that's entirely up to you.