• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Had a Smithwick's while watching the NBA playoffs today.

Full Sail is making some very good and underrated beers, which thanks to Trader Joe's liberal 6-pack breaking policy I have been sampling bottle by bottle. Having only tried the Gordon Biersch Vienna lager I thought I just didn't like the style, but FS's version is really good.

an absurdly beautiful, delicious black ipa. desert island faire, for sure. i cannot imagine a finer black.........

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

There once was a brew available years ago made with hemp seed. It was a bland lager, but the hemp seed did seem to add a creamy finish. I really like Uinta's Baba Black Lager, so I will keep an eye out for this one in my locale.

Edited by Jerry_L

an absurdly beautiful, delicious black ipa. desert island faire, for sure. i cannot imagine a finer black.........

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

There was a brew years ago made with hemp seed. it was a bland lager, but the hemp seed did seem to add a creamy finish. I really like Uinta's Baba Black Lager, so I will keep an eye out for this one in my locale.

baba black lager lager from the can--not so good,

poured into a stout glass, baba blooms like a lily. a glorious concoction, but dubhe is to die for.

another little known gem.

IMG_1847.JPG

coincidentally i am also a jerry l.(lynch)

Edited by alocispepraluger102

poured into a stout glass, baba blooms like a lily. a glorious concoction, but dubhe is to die for.

IMG_1847.JPG

Cool, glad to meet another Jerry. I may call you that instead of your lengthy user name, if you don't mind.

I've only seen Baba in bottles here in Delaware, and I've only drunk it from a glass thus far, so it tasted good to me!

I will also seek out the Guiness Foreign Extra, but I'm not sure if it's available here. I'm also leaning towards the lighter ales for summer.

Edited by Jerry_L

IMG_1847.JPG

Cool, glad to meet another Jerry. I may call you that instead of your lengthy user name, if you don't mind.

I've only seen Baba in bottles here in Delaware, and I've only drunk it from a glass thus far, so it tasted good to me!

I will also seek out the Guiness Foreign Extra, but I'm not sure if it's available here. I'm also leaning towards the lighter ales for summer.

my pleasure, jerry.

i rarely back off ponderous wagnerian concoctions. guinness extra is as light as i go, although the night bubba smith died, i drank a miller light or two at the pub in his honor(because of those wondrous 1970s miller lite commercials)..

905aadd419bb0e6817263af48c2d46fe.jpg

Uinta Sum'r Summer Ale: Easy drinking 4.0% is nice for the warm weather. Good but not one of my favorite summer ales. Though as with any of the craft brew summer beers, if it was the only other thing in the cooler, I would gladly pick it over any of the U.S. macrobrews.

Edited by Jerry_L

uinta is new to the ohio region since early this year.

although their brews were introduced with NO advertising or promotion, they can't meet the demand.

i haven't had my first brew of the day yet. i'm contemplating maybe a delicious sam adams cream stout, their best beer, or the uinta black lager while watching black hawks-kings playoff hockey.

Edited by alocispepraluger102