what are you drinking right now?

PG Tips is the best tea - and it's not tea if it's not with milk & sugar, :)

PG Tips Black Tea Pyramid Tea Bags - Shop Tea at H-E-B

7 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Booker is one of the 2 wine clubs I belong to. Quality still seems excellent.

“I couldn’t be more excited,” said Eric Jensen, Booker Vineyard’s founder and winemaker. “Together with Constellation, we’re going to bring the best wines from Paso Robles to American consumers while flipping the traditional fine wine experience on its head. I am a farmer and a winemaker at heart, and I have known for some time that I need a strategic partner that shares my values and brings something to the table that I don’t. Constellation has an amazing, growing fine wine portfolio and works with the best minds in the business. With this partnership, we will reap the benefits of Constellation’s brand building and sales expertise, plus its leading network to help us grow our business in ways I can’t on my own. We are fired up and ready to rock!”

Except that Constellation Brands is trying their best to ruin the wine industry by being the leading producer of the blending wine "Mega Purple".

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, bresna said:

PG Tips is the best tea - and it's not tea if it's not with milk & sugar, :)

PG Tips Black Tea Pyramid Tea Bags - Shop Tea at H-E-B

Except that Constellation Brands is trying their best to ruin the wine industry by being the leading producer of the blending wine "Mega Purple".

I have no idea what Mega Purple is. I do know that the Booker wines I've had continue to be excellent.

Addendum: Looked up Mega Purple. Looks like Constellation sold it to something called Vie-Del. Grape juice concentrate.

Edited by jlhoots

On 1/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, jlhoots said:

2018 Daou Bodyguard

I had a bottle of this last night with dinner at a local restaurant, Frankie & Johnny's. Upon opening, i was not that impressed. It didn't have a lot going on. Then after about 20 minutes to a half hour, it opened up significantly, almost becoming a different wine. Another winner from Daou, who are quickly becoming one of my favorite wineries.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mikeweil said:

I like it more than Campari ever since I was served one in Italy, where they calli "Bitterino".. Must get me a few bottles.

product_database_images_012099136-314515

I was served with it first in an Italian Restaurant in Viena. When I was in Italy I still drank Campari. 
I was astonished I found it, exactly that six-pack you show here, at former "Merkur", now "Billa-Plus". Since then I always have some bottles at home and drink one on special occasions. 

I liked to drink more beer when I was young, reduced it to maybe one small bottle of beer or a glass of wine on saturday evening but stopped even this, since I have to take some medication and am afraid that it might clash with even the smallest quantitude of alcool....

21 hours ago, mikeweil said:

I drink only non-alcoholic beer, there are several with excellent taste now. Lammsbräu is my favourite.

So far there is no acceptable non-alcoholic wine,  only champagne that tastes nice. 

Stay well!

we tried to find non alcoolic "Sekt" and the only we found was "Kindersekt" with Cherry Aroma and Kindersekt "White". So we drop it on revelion (how do you say in english ?) and I´ll have a non alcoolic beer. Lammsbräu I don´t know, my favourites ar "Clausthaler" or "Schlossbräu" here in Viena. 

And all that presents from other companies with bottles of champange and bottles of "Punch" I gather them and try to find people who would like it. I keep only the ciocolata or marzipan ;)

Mostly still drinking regular beer, but also some nonalcoholic here and there... Some of the classic Belgian breweries (Leffe, Cornet, Brugse Zot...) have started to offer nonalcoholic versions... I especially like the Affligem Blonde in the nonalcoholic version... Another nonalcoholic beer that I like quite a bit is the nonalcoholic Guiness

Edited by Niko

44 minutes ago, Niko said:

Mostly still drinking regular beer, but also some nonalcoholic here and there... Some of the classic Belgian breweries (Leffe, Cornet, Brugse Zot...) have started to offer nonalcoholic versions... I especially like the Affligem Blonde in the nonalcoholic version... Another nonalcoholic beer that I like quite a bit is the nonalcoholic Guiness

I've been drinking non-alcoholic beer since August.  Brewdog's 'Nanny State' tastes best chilled but has the best name. Their 'Punk AF' is drinkable too. I had a very good non-alcoholic stout recently but forget the name. I didn't realise Leffe did a non-alcoholic version, I hope that makes it to UK. I'll try the Guiness.

edit to add: I have found Leffe 0.0 is here

Edited by mjazzg

9 hours ago, mikeweil said:

You seem to have the choices we had ten years ago.

:lol: ist normal so bei uns. Ösis, Ossis.....darf man keine Wunder erwarten . Der Witz ist aber, wenn ich in meine 2. Heimat 1000 km weiter östlich fahre, dort haben sie alles, da sehen wir in Ö. arm dagegen aus.....