Natural Soul rvg cover.

Dmitry

Unless Blue Note has changed their approach to the RVG series, the covers are full-sized scans of old LPs that they borrow from someone's collection. Hence, many of them look "aged" or even odd-looking. I am pretty sure many of the LPs used for the first two or three batches were from Bob Belden's collection.

I'm sure if anyone on the NY area has better covers for the next batch of RVGs, BN would love to use them. Dmitry, stop by and offer. :D

Later,

Kevin

Unless Blue Note has changed their approach to the RVG series, the covers are full-sized scans of old LPs that they borrow from someone's collection. Hence, many of them look "aged" or even odd-looking. I am pretty sure many of the LPs used for the first two or three batches were from Bob Belden's collection.

I'm sure if anyone on the NY area has better covers for the next batch of RVGs, BN would love to use them. Dmitry, stop by and offer. :D

Later,

Kevin

He he. I wish.:)

Lon, it looks much grainier than the smooth blue of the LP and TOCJ covers, but not as bad as that infamous John Patton cover, of course. I'll probably pick it up, since I traded the tocj recently.

hi,

the blue note redesign artwork has been discussed for many times on the blue note bulletin boards.

From an artistic point of view it´s a shame. it is absolute not outstanding!

but their partner company emi-toshiba japan have an excellent redesign.

original artwork and high quality-scans. it should be no problem for blue note U.S.A.

to get the japanese redesign.

And it would be great to praise the wonderful work of reid miles and francis wolff.

But who cares about artwork?

Most collectors are interested in a new RVG remastering only.....

:)

HKL

Can't remember if Tom Evered ever confirmed it, but I imagine that reproducing the covers from used, abused, but loved LP sleeves was a deliberate decision for the 'RVG' series concept. I like the effect on titles like Moanin' and Unity where you can see the wear and tear - a nice idea. Haven't seen Natural Soul, though: the TOCJ will do for me.

Off to listen to Face To Face now, though, after Soul Stream brought it up.

Edited by David Williams