Bob Dylan corner

mjzee

It seems recently noted that there will be a Basement Tapes bootleg series edition. Doubt it will be "complete."

Yes, Blood on the Tracks has been remastered. Been out some years on Columbia, and recently there's been a Mobile Fidelity hybrid SACD. The SACD layer sounds AMAZING, much better than the Sony SACD. I haven't heard the Redbook layer and I imagine it's first rate. if you love Blood On the Tracks, and do SACD, I can heartily recommend the Mobile Fidelity.

Edited by jazzbo

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleasantly surprised that the USB stick has FLAC files as well as mp3. I don't recall seeing a major label release anything in FLAC before. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Edited to say I also notice that the USB stick is $100 more than the box of CDs! Hopefully NOT a sign of things to come.

Edited by crisp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About the Complete Album Collection Vol.1.

Amazon.co.uk currently has the item under review.

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

One reviewer states that Hard Rain has skips on the track Oh Sister. Another reviewer confirmed this.

I spun "Hard Rain" on the disc while doing some housework and didn't notice glitches. It's one of my least favorite Dylan releases.

Nice set; the newly remastered discs sound considerably improved to me from their earlier counterparts.

Edited by jazzbo

• 1 month later...

I just got the deluxe edition of Another Self Portrait (PopMarket had a one-day sale where it was about $10 cheaper). I just pulled out the disc for the Isle of Wight and burst out laughing. The disc's label is white, and uses the old "Trade Mark of Quality" (an old bootleg label) picture of a pig as the record label symbol; around the pig is the phrase "Trade Mark of Equality." Nice work.

• 5 weeks later...