New Selects and singles up on the board

Just skimmed it briefly, but that Piano Boogie Woogie and Blues Select looks sweet! :tup

Also, Chu Berry is now scheduled for February. :w

Those were the two titles I had the most interest in. I have been searching for Chu Berry sides since the late 1990s, when Fred Anderson told me that he was one of his favorite saxophonists. I have the Classics single CD, but have wanted more.

I think this set will go a long way in remedying that need. :)

The Piano Blues & Boogie Woogie indeed looks like a must to me.

Question regarding Chu Berry. Is this the first big Mosaic box that has "Selected" in the title?

I wonder why not Complete?

Chu Berry (7 CDs) Selected recordings from labels owned by Sony/BMG

It's common practice when discussing major tenor saxophonists to mention both Coleman Hawkins and Lester Young. However, there was yet another who brought a new voice to the jazz lexicon and whose influence was and is still deeply felt: Chu Berry. This new Mosaic set, due out in February, contains 177 selected tracks by this underappreciated artist. These performances span his formative years (including the classic Benny Carter-led Chocolate Dandies date for Parlophone in 1933) to his untimely death in an automobile crash in 1941.

I would highly recommend the Charles Lloyd.... and the Slide Hampton and the Ellington... Those IMHO are the best.. particularly the Lloyd.... :excl::excl::excl:

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm planning on ordering the John Patton Select in a few days, and I may supplement it with one of the singles. I am attracted to the Ellington if only for the Sun Ra-ish title (which I know is not what the music sounds like, but still, it's a nice title).