What was your board name on the BNBB?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was JSngry.

Indeed!

It's time to offer up a hearty "Thank You" to you and all the rest of the wordwide network of the rabidly entreprenurial round-the-clock jazz vigilantes who signed on with the franchise and made it a name synonimous with "me" always having something to say even if I was at a loss for words, bored shitless, off taking a nap, or in the bathroom.

Now, we're proud to offer an jazz bulletin board first - an IPO. Look for it on the Dow as SBS. It's a ground floor opportunity, and those who get in now are in for some pleasant surprises in the months ahead.

Call your broker now!

Let's see...

Started as maddog, went to jazzmoose, was either banned or wiped from the database and came back as jazzmoose II or jazzmoose junior or something like that. Also posted under a couple of othe rather obvious parody names based on other posters. I don't remember them, but I know one was modeled after the Maltzter's name and posting style, and other one was on a post that used the word tome about fifty times...

My handle was the same there... although my first choice was already taken ("Sadik The Smelly Turd"). :P

Anybody remember the first incarnation of the BNBB? All the responses to a thread were line-tabbed underneath the original thread post... what a pain in the ass that was to read... although there weren't really many people on the BNBB at the time.

I do remember Kevin Bresnahan and Lon Armstrong were two of the earliest members of that old old BNBB... and then our good friend Greg M. came along a little later.

Hey, who was that guy that kept harping on about how Blue Note should release the "Ultimate Elvin Jones"? Maybe another guy named Kevin (not Kevin B.)? He even created an online petition, had a bunch of his friends sign it, and then posted it to the BNBB for Cuscuna and Blue Note to see... unfortunately, he left all his buddies' names and e-mail addresses on it (for the spamming world to see as well)! Wonder if he ever bought the Elvin Jones Mosaic?

(One of the) Best posts on the BNBB... Jim's "glowing" review of Ron Carter Plays Bach! THAT was some funny shit right there! :g

Cheers,

Shane

Hey, who was that guy that kept harping on about how Blue Note should release the "Ultimate Elvin Jones"? Maybe another guy named Kevin (not Kevin B.)?

I want to say Kevin W... Kevin Walter(s)?

(Btw, just because I want to say something, that doesn't mean it will make any sense) ^_^