unique and uncommon first names in jazz

Rooster_Ties

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell kinda name is Norah? Seriously, I kinda like Eubie. I guess Wardell isn't terribly uncommon...of course that wasn't Gray's given first name anyway.

Bummer to learn that "Miff" was really "Irving", Mugsy just "Joseph" and "Turk" an uninsipred "Melvin".

Undoubtedly, jazz needs more Dweezils and Moon Units.

Jutta Hipp

:) maybe the right moment to remark that "Bismark" seems about as uncommon to me as "Bix"... "Bismarck", the historical figures second name, i would call already uncommon, even if 120 years ago a bunch of people decided to call their children that way, it has not aged very well... and "Bismark"... Jutta on the other hand is rather common

Jutta Hipp

:) maybe the right moment to remark that "Bismark" seems about as uncommon to me as "Bix"... "Bismarck", the historical figures second name, i would call already uncommon, even if 120 years ago a bunch of people decided to call their children that way, it has not aged very well... and "Bismark"... Jutta on the other hand is rather common

Jutta may be common in Germany ...but not in my neck of the wood's .