ah! superbowl controversy!

What's the fucking deal with you, Chuck?

I'm just joking around.

At the end of your life do you really want to see yourself as a pebble in humanity's shoe?

I'll go on record as saying that I think both Chuck and Scott are both...

1) Valuable members of this on-line community (and often quite valuable!!).

and

2) Royal pains in the ass sometimes (and sometimes even a HUGE pain in the ass).

(And some here may well feel the same way about me. :g )

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the fucking deal with you, Chuck?

I'm just joking around.

At the end of your life do you really want to see yourself as a pebble in humanity's shoe?

I'll go on record as saying that I think both Chuck and Scott are both...

1) Valuable members of this on-line community (and often quite valuable!!).

and

2) Royal pains in the ass sometimes (and sometimes even a HUGE pain in the ass).

(And some here may well feel the same way about me. :g )

Hey!! I'm the BIGGER pain in the ass, though. Right? :g:party:

Look, I don't know what Chuck's major problem is with me, other than he's angry because of the perception that I somehow ran al-Bertson out of here. If only I possessed such great powers. I know that Chuck and I ran across each other at JC a few times, but I don't recall any nasty exchanges between us.

I think it's more the old lion vs. the young cub type thing. One has somehow paid his dues, the other has not. And when the cub gets out of line in the eyes of the lion, he promptly receives a nasty swat.

Whatever works, that's fine with me.

And I agree with you Roosty, having someone like Master Nessa here is incredibly valuable. I have already told him as much privately. If this is the price I have to pay, then I'll gladly accept it. For me, having such a window into the past (a past which I would give anything to have experienced) is worth the asking price.

My own value here is minimal at very best. I accept that. I'm just digging the community, man.

Edited by Scott Dolan

I just thought it was a silly "teen" display. Considering the age of the performer, it moves from silly to sad.

Seems as if he is headed in the Michael Jackson "look at me I'm a clown" direction.

I think the Mick Jagger "look at me I'm still rockin' " direction is more a apt of a clown comparison. Prince, as "eccentric" as he is never has been as ungrounded and maladjusted as Jackson.

As long as he keeps making interesting records (which is no means a guarantee - Musicology was a bitch, the followup a yawner), he can do whatever he wants/needs to do live. Different animals (on both sides of the peerformer/audience equation) altogether.

Besides, does anybody think that Tina Turner is too old to still be doing her schtick?

Fair enough, we differ on our opinions of the guy.

I guess we'll see if Prince still pulls it off like Turner and Mick when he passes the age of 60.

I'll be first in line for tickets to the first of twenty fairwell tours right around the corner. ;)

Without a doubt Prince will be outdoing both Turner and Jagger easily when he turns 60. He is

outdoing them both now . What was Jagger doing at 49 ? Not rocking as hard as Prince .

also Prince has already done the trio guitar,bass, drum set up with the album The Undertaker. Which

he wanted to release as a freebie to a guitar rag and which Warners prevented him . This was the start

of the name change and trying to get out of his contract.

Prince jams every night of the year....while guy's like the stones make an album, do a world tour then take off for 5 years to sit on their asses. i wouldn't call that being a musician.

For christsakes Prince rented a house in LA and built a stage in the living room so he could put on concert's every night .....does Jagger do this ? NO.

I saw the Stones in concert twice last year and they Stink ....( except for Charlie Watts) both Woods and Richards couldn't even remember how to start their own songs . Even Jagger would look back at them ..like what the hell ?

Saw Prince 3 night's in a row for Musicology tour ...makes the Stones sound like a bad Holiday inn cover band . Prince had John Blackwell on drums , Maceo Parker ......tight as all hell!

It Proves that Prince is a BAD ASS........He can't stop making music, can't stop playing .

I thought on this board you guy's would appreciate that ..right ? a throwback to a long lost era.

James Brown was the hardest working man...now it's Prince.

another thing about the controversey ..Prince rehearsed all week long on that stage , which by the way

the NFL Built !.........so they knew what the performance would be every single day up to the event !

They could have easily told Prince no billowey fabric and he would have said fine.

I'am listening to Hendrix live at the Fillmore East and on the cover he is squatting with his

guitar sticking out of his crotch. whata silly teen display by jimi !

If we lost Chris A 'cause of you we lost big time.

If that's the real reason Chris left, I don't know what to say. Seems just a wee bit dramatic, don't you think?

That's my reaction as well. I miss Chris here, and RonF too, for that matter, but the "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" schtick never really impressed me.

However, I do have a suggestion. Could we please add a new forum to the board? If we had a dedicated "Fuck off and go away, Scott Dolan" forum, it would gather all this into one area so Scott (and the rest of us) could enjoy it properly, rather than having it pop up in any thread in any forum. Just seems like it would be more convenient for all concerned...

Dare I suggest jazz for the Super Bowl?

The Super Bowl halftime shows have featured jazz artists.

Super Bowl VI's halftime show was titled "Salute to Louis Armstrong" and featured Ella Fitzgerald (also Carol Channing and Al Hirt).

Super Bowl VII's halftime show featured Woody Herman (also the University of Michigan Band).

Super Bowl IX presented the Ellington Orchestra, under the direction of Mercer Ellington (also the Grambling University Band).

Dare I suggest jazz for the Super Bowl?

The Super Bowl halftime shows have featured jazz artists.

Super Bowl VI's halftime show was titled "Salute to Louis Armstrong" and featured Ella Fitzgerald (also Carol Channing and Al Hirt).

Super Bowl VII's halftime show featured Woody Herman (also the University of Michigan Band).

Super Bowl IX presented the Ellington Orchestra, under the direction of Mercer Ellington (also the Grambling University Band).

Maybe next year they can ask Wynton to do the halftime.

If we lost Chris A 'cause of you we lost big time.

If that's the real reason Chris left, I don't know what to say. Seems just a wee bit dramatic, don't you think?

That's my reaction as well. I miss Chris here, and RonF too, for that matter, but the "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" schtick never really impressed me.

However, I do have a suggestion. Could we please add a new forum to the board? If we had a dedicated "Fuck off and go away, Scott Dolan" forum, it would gather all this into one area so Scott (and the rest of us) could enjoy it properly, rather than having it pop up in any thread in any forum. Just seems like it would be more convenient for all concerned...

Great idea! Might I suggest a "Chuck Nessa Welcomes Newbies" thread to go with it. :g

I just thought it was a silly "teen" display. Considering the age of the performer, it moves from silly to sad.

Seems as if he is headed in the Michael Jackson "look at me I'm a clown" direction.

I think the Mick Jagger "look at me I'm still rockin' " direction is more a apt of a clown comparison. Prince, as "eccentric" as he is never has been as ungrounded and maladjusted as Jackson.

As long as he keeps making interesting records (which is no means a guarantee - Musicology was a bitch, the followup a yawner), he can do whatever he wants/needs to do live. Different animals (on both sides of the peerformer/audience equation) altogether.

Besides, does anybody think that Tina Turner is too old to still be doing her schtick?

I guess we'll see if Prince still pulls it off like Turner and Mick when he passes the age of 60.

I'll be first in line for tickets to the first of twenty fairwell tours right around the corner. ;)

Without a doubt Prince will be outdoing both Turner and Jagger easily when he turns 60. He is

outdoing them both now . What was Jagger doing at 49 ? Not rocking as hard as Prince .

also Prince has already done the trio guitar,bass, drum set up with the album The Undertaker. Which

he wanted to release as a freebie to a guitar rag and which Warners prevented him . This was the start

Prince jams every night of the year....while guy's like the stones make an album, do a world tour then take off for 5 years to sit on their asses. i wouldn't call that being a musician.

For christsakes Prince rented a house in LA and built a stage in the living room so he could put on concert's every night .....does Jagger do this ? NO.

I saw the Stones in concert twice last year and they Stink ....( except for Charlie Watts) both Woods and Richards couldn't even remember how to start their own songs . Even Jagger would look back at them ..like what the hell ?

Saw Prince 3 night's in a row for Musicology tour ...makes the Stones sound like a bad Holiday inn cover band . Prince had John Blackwell on drums , Maceo Parker ......tight as all hell!

What the fuck, are you president of the fan club or what?

Relax, just voicing my opinion of how I see things.

And why the fuck would anyone build a stage in every room of a rented house? If true, it sounds like total stupidity, no wonder Jagger didn't do it.

when in vegas i will certainly look forward to seeing his show at the rio.

And why the fuck would anyone build a stage in every room of a rented house? If true, it sounds like total stupidity, no wonder Jagger didn't do it.

when in vegas i will certainly look forward to attending his rio show, if i can get a ticket.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

when in vegas i will certainly look forward to seeing his show at the rio.

when in vegas i will certainly look forward to attending his rio show, if i can get a ticket.

That's easy, just drop a grand at the blackjack tables and they will give you a pair.

Or, you could buy one. From what I saw there is no shortage of tickets, even at the give away price of $125 for the man that refuses to schedule a perfomance time. :)