Musicians - Post Your Music Here!

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

My trio recorded some cool videos last weekend.  I wanted to share them with you, Enjoy:

All or Nothing at All:

Ode to Billie Joe:

Here's That Rainy Day:

Afternoon in Paris:

4-song compilation:

• 3 years later...

I've been working on a Konitz solo on the "Indiana" changes - https://photos.app.goo.gl/SM3z6pcS2pFp5Usx7 - my video has both solos before/after piano. A couple of flubs here and there but mostly accurate.

Would love comments, critiques etc.

Thank you to those who take the time to watch :-)

BfB

Edited by bluesForBartok
Tags

• 1 year later...
On 1.8.2020 at 10:49 PM, bluesForBartok said:

I've been working on a Konitz solo on the "Indiana" changes - https://photos.app.goo.gl/SM3z6pcS2pFp5Usx7 - my video has both solos before/after piano. A couple of flubs here and there but mostly accurate.

Would love comments, critiques etc.

Thank you to those who take the time to watch :-)

BfB

Dear Walter !

Very nice what you did ! I didn´t know the Konitz solo and from hearing I thought you improvising and use some of the typical Konitz phrasing in your solo. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28.9.2022 at 9:01 AM, CJ Shearn said:

Little piece I composed and dedicated to Pharoah Sanders https://www.bandlab.com/post/59d9f88d-f83e-ed11-b495-000d3a3ee153

Just have listened to it ! Is this synthie in studio ? Anyway, it is something I can imagine very well and it has the spirit and message of Pharoah Sanders in it. You almost can feel when Pharoah comes in and starts playing. I just imagine this on stage with a live band with piano, bass drums and percussions and maybe a small vocal group, laying down the mood for a while and then Pharoah..... he would have appreciated it ! 

Thanks for sharing ! 

On 10/1/2022 at 2:23 AM, Gheorghe said:

Just have listened to it ! Is this synthie in studio ? Anyway, it is something I can imagine very well and it has the spirit and message of Pharoah Sanders in it. You almost can feel when Pharoah comes in and starts playing. I just imagine this on stage with a live band with piano, bass drums and percussions and maybe a small vocal group, laying down the mood for a while and then Pharoah..... he would have appreciated it ! 

Thanks for sharing ! 

Thank you so much for listening. I've written 20 or 30 compositions since last summer, 2021.  This was all created with my MIDI controller, VST's and DAW in my bedroom! I layered and mixed  4 synth sounds together  (including a Moog bass patch)for the lead/improvisation.  The changes, with the floaty synth sound is the famous Roland D-50 Soundtrack patch, what sounds like a gunshot is actually a sample of Antonio Sanchez's deep snare which I heavily modified through a Marshall amp simulation, EQ'd and processed with reverb, then of course the ride and cross stick triplets are me doing my best Elvin impersonation :)

Edited by CJ Shearn

On 4.10.2022 at 4:14 PM, CJ Shearn said:

Thank you so much for listening. I've written 20 or 30 compositions since last summer, 2021.  This was all created with my MIDI controller, VST's and DAW in my bedroom! I layered and mixed  4 synth sounds together  (including a Moog bass patch)for the lead/improvisation.  The changes, with the floaty synth sound is the famous Roland D-50 Soundtrack patch, what sounds like a gunshot is actually a sample of Antonio Sanchez's deep snare which I heavily modified through a Marshall amp simulation, EQ'd and processed with reverb, then of course the ride and cross stick triplets are me doing my best Elvin impersonation :)

Well, the music is really what could be played in a let´s say Pharoah Sanders memorial concert, I mean with regular instruments and of course a saxophonist who might continue with the message of that master. 

About composing, I couldn´t do it with all them modern equipments. I had to play some electronic keyboards when I played in a jazz-rock/funk band, but my love is natural instruments. I didn compose the one or other tune, two of them even got radio playing during the time they were recorded, but for composing I never composed or compose from the piano, it just comes, it be that I dream it and remember it when I get up, it can be if I´m just walkin´ around, anything. Than it´s in my mind, with the chords and the way I want to have it played with a group. If I think it´s fit for being presented, I ask a fellow musician who can write, to write it down, since I only can read some sheet music (if I know the tune by ear), but writing is not possible with my rudimentary knowledge of written music.....

2 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Well, the music is really what could be played in a let´s say Pharoah Sanders memorial concert, I mean with regular instruments and of course a saxophonist who might continue with the message of that master. 

About composing, I couldn´t do it with all them modern equipments. I had to play some electronic keyboards when I played in a jazz-rock/funk band, but my love is natural instruments. I didn compose the one or other tune, two of them even got radio playing during the time they were recorded, but for composing I never composed or compose from the piano, it just comes, it be that I dream it and remember it when I get up, it can be if I´m just walkin´ around, anything. Than it´s in my mind, with the chords and the way I want to have it played with a group. If I think it´s fit for being presented, I ask a fellow musician who can write, to write it down, since I only can read some sheet music (if I know the tune by ear), but writing is not possible with my rudimentary knowledge of written music.....

Technology is absolutely essential for me besides my voice for creating music because  I'm disabled... natural or "acoustic" instruments as I tried playing them in highschool really didn't work for me at all 

5 minutes ago, CJ Shearn said:

Technology is absolutely essential for me besides my voice for creating music because  I'm disabled... natural or "acoustic" instruments as I tried playing them in highschool really didn't work for me at all 

Oh I didn´t know that, so I bless the technology to help you to create more stuff. 

With admiration: Gh.