Musicians - Post Your Music Here!

Jim Alfredson

A fellow member came up with the idea of a central place where musicians who frequent this board can post about their CDs and other music. This thread will serve as that place. Self-promotion rules here, so don't be afraid to link to your CD, reviews, etc.

I hope most everyone here knows by now that organissimo is not just a forum but first and foremost a band. We have two CDs out, available from CDBaby and Amazon.com. You can check out our homepage for more information.

We're currently in the planning/rehearsal/writing stage of our next project. It's gonna be loads of fun. For even more fun, check us out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=organissimo

There are three videos up on YouTube. I'll be putting up some more very soon (probably one this afternoon, in fact.)

I should mention I am also the musical director / keyboardist for a great blues band called Root Doctor. We have a CD out as well that has gotten a lot of positive press, available at CDBaby and Amazon.com. We're currently tracking a new one. Member GregN here on the board is the guitarist/mover & shaker in the group.

Okay, fellow musicians. Your turn!

Edited by Jim Alfredson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Jim - I know this is a re-post, feel free to delete my initial thread - just releasing my new cd (2 cd set)

Jews in Hell: Radical Jewish Acculturation

or

All the Blues You Could Play by Now if Stanley Crouch was your Uncle

I play alto and guitar.

personnel includes:

Matt Shipp solo piano and in duet with me on guitar (three cuts)

Marc Ribot solo guitar (2 cuts)

Erin McKeown, vocal (one cut)

Randy Sandke, trumpet

Scott Robinson, contra bass clarinet (Robinson and Sandke are on two cuts)

Lewis Porter, solo piano (one cut)

and others

all self-composed except for one trad tune (Oh Molly Dear)

I call it the debut of the Fourth Stream

something of an autobiography

Happy to solicit reviews and send review copies as well as radio station copies. email me at alowe@maine.rr.com

Edited by AllenLowe

• 2 weeks later...

MySpace page:

myspace.com/paulabellatrio

Same page I put up on a thread in the artists' section a couple of months back, but now our version of Amazing Grace is on there too.

Coming soon on that very page: our takes on Bright Size Life, Losing My Religion and Baby Baby All The Time.

Enjoy!

MySpace page:

Same page I put up on a thread in the artists' section a couple of months back, but now our version of Amazing Grace is on there too.

Coming soon on that very page: our takes on Bright Size Life, Losing My Religion and Baby Baby All The Time.

Enjoy!

Very cool and organic Amazing Grace! :tup

MySpace page:

Enjoy!

Very cool and organic Amazing Grace! :tup

Thanks Greg! It was funny, that one just popped out of a jam on a gig, and people loved it. After that, I decided it had to be out on the CD (which is due out in early June).

By the way, the unmixed version of Bright Size Life is up on the page now! Check it out!

• 3 weeks later...

Root Doctor just up on Youtube!

there's a joke in that phrase...I just don't know what it is. something unclean....:rfr

:D

We got a lot of airplay in Australia last year. I just found out that Root means something dirty in Australia.

Sweet. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Y'all:

I know I've been gone quite a while , but I've been spending a lot of time trying to get some airplay for my second CD "My Museum" and starting to scribble some stuff for the next one .

I've tried to attach an mp3 sample "Pleading Dim Cap " hope it comes through!

You can check out both the new CD and the first one ( Convergence Zone )

at my website :

www.philkellymusic.com

or http://www.originarts.com/originrecords.php

or CD baby as well

most of the charts are availble for schools and rehearsal bands through

http://www.walrusmusic.com/

I'll try and not be gone so long this time!

Phil Kelly

www.philkellymusic.com

NW Prevailing Winds

SW Santa Ana Winds

Origin Records

• 4 months later...

My Webpage, MySpace, My Blog.

an old article about me from the Village Voice by Kyle Gann.

download my string quartet as beautiful as a crescent of a new moon on a cloudless spring evening as performed by Christina Fong from itunes. just enter my last name -> beardsley

a new review from Downtown Music Gallery:

New on OgreOgress:

MORTON FELDMAN/DAVID BEARDSLEY/DAVID KOTLOWY/JOHN PROKOP/DAVID TOUB - For Feldman [DVD Audio] (OgreOgress; USA) Second in a series featuring previously unreleased works by emerging composers, this 96-minute 96kHz/24bit Audio DVD contains 4 world premiere recordings and the only available digital recording of 3 works [Three Pieces for String Quartet (1956)] by Morton Feldman.

David Beardsley is a good friend of mine who used to maintain the DMG website. We often hang out and talk about La Monte Young, Rod Poole, John Abercrombie and Morton Feldman. This is his first recorded piece and it is both mesmerizing and slightly disturbing. It is titled, "As Beautiful as a Crescent of a New Moon on a Cloudless Spring Evening". It was inspired by Morton Feldman and "tuned to the system known as Just Intonation". It is 30-minutes long and it is filled with long, slowly see-sawing drones that make me feel as if I am aboard a ship slowly floating on the waves. Since this piece changes slowly, it is more environmental in sound. Just let it flow and take you along with it. I love the way the notes shimmer and float like feathers on the air. You can actually observe the texture of each sound as it slowly evolves. Although I did enjoy the other pieces here by Morton Feldman and the other lesser-known composers, I felt the Beardsley piece was the most fascinating of the bunch. - BLG

This piece of David's is truly great. I listened to it three times yesterday -

actually, the third time was so I could record it off of this

horrible audio DVD format presentation of it in order to put in my iTunes.

I think he knows my feelings about the label (and the guy who runs it),

so I wish it were available some other way and that I hadn't had to actually buy it from the label

...but I did...and I was rewarded with this beautiful piece.

This piece of David's is truly great. I listened to it three times yesterday -

actually, the third time was so I could record it off of this

horrible audio DVD format presentation of it in order to put in my iTunes.

I think he knows my feelings about the label (and the guy who runs it),

so I wish it were available some other way and that I hadn't had to actually buy it from the label

...but I did...and I was rewarded with this beautiful piece.

Wow, thanks! There's another string qt on the way, eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

My first released effort came out in April, from this band. Here's the label's website, where you can read the liner notes by bassist/composer Simon H. Fell.

Here's a review from Point of Departure; and one each from DMG and ejazzNews.

Also excited to say I'm with another band to be released on Emanem in the new year!

My website, as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My youtube page:

http://uk.youtube.com/user/Shangas

All recordings are made by me on my piano at home. Those are my hands on the keyboard and that's my age in the profile-page - 20 (21 come July this year). For inquiring minds, the piano is a 1989 Yamaha C3 grand. The music I play covers the years from about 1900-1950s with a few pieces going beyond that (those are usually stuff like movie-themes) but otherwise - it's all 1st half of the 20th century.

Edited by Shangas