More Jazz At Comblain La Tour!

EKE BBB

Has anybody got one of the two LP issues of "More Jazz at Comblain La Tour!" (RCA Victor LP 12": LPM 10317 or Red Bird LP 12": FSR 103)?

If so, could you confirm that the only track featuring Tete Montoliu ('Billie's Bounce') is a trio track (Tete, George Leclerc and Jose Bourguignon), as stated on the discographical information I have found so far?

I have got a scan of the program of this concert and it only lists Tete and Bourguignon.

And also I'd be very grateful if you could add timing for this track.

Thanks in advance!

Agustín

Hi,

I confirm that Billie's Bounce is a trio track by Tete Montoliu (p), George Leclerc (b), José Bourguignon (dm) as indicated on the Red Bird art cover LP. There is a nice bass solo.

The exact timing is 5:26 (Casio stopwatch) and not 5:38 as indicated on art cover (maybe they included applause).

The exact reference is Red Bird Records RB-103 (released in 1991).

Regards,

Claude

• 15 years later...

I had heard about that festival in Belgia I think there was a track of Bud with some local musicians, playing his eternal "I Remember Clifford" which appeared at almost each of his discs in his last 5 or 6 years. 
But this would be more for collectors. 

But I love that tune and once there was a little private jazz party at the place of a former jazz club owner, who had weekly "Jazz in the Living Room" for 15 Euro including drinks and a vegetables soup. 

That guy said to the musicians on stand he want´s to hear "I Remember Clifford" and they didn´t know it (???!). I was semi inactive at that time and jumped up to the piano and played it to the great pleasure of the guy who had that request. Really a deep tune, you can make so much out of it, working with different dynamics, to let it come out of the heart and soul....