New Bobby Hutcherson

Eloe Omoe

Just received a couple of new releases on Kind of Blue. One is, I think, the first CD Bobby Hutcherson has recorded as a leader after his Verve date from 1999 ("Skyline", w/Kenny Garrett and Geri Allen). This is called "For Sentimental Reasons" and is a standard album (apart from Harold Land's "Ode to Angela"). Band is Hutch, Renee Rosnes, Dwayne Burno, Al Foster.

The other CD is a Mark Soskin quintet session ("One Hopeful Day") w/ Chris Potter, Abercrombie, Patitucci and Bill Stewart.

luca

Thanks Luca, I hadn't heard of that label before

http://www.kindofbluerecords.com

There are some nice records in their catalogue, I think. The George Cables is very good, for instance, and so is the Pablo Ziegler CD (w/Stefon Harris). To tell the truth, the Ziegler CD is more than good.

The Tony Scott record is his last one, made here in Italy with the group Kneebody (who has an interesting CD on Dave Douglas' label). Another good one is the Eddie Henderson set.

luca

this label is one I work with. I will be as objective as possible.

this record is bobby's first in 8 years. he will be at the blue note in NY May 29 - June 3 in support of the record though it doesn't hit stores until June 19 in the US. the band is very good (renee rosnes, dwayne burno and al foster) - it was recorded right after a run the group played at Dizzy's in NYC this fall. and that will the be group at the Blue Note too. richard seidel, formerly of the Verve A&R department produced this record.

the mark soskin record is a studio session with chris potter, john abercrombie, john patitucci and bill stewart. it doesn't get much more all-star than that.

ok. enjoy.