where is 1010?

Isn't that the missing Art Farmer issue?

Yep.

It's always a good idea to take a peek at the "Future projects" page:

Art Farmer – The Time and The Place (MCD-1010)

Art Farmer has been associated with a lot of stellar quintets since the inception of hard bop. Many equal, but none top, the band he led in 1967 with tenor saxophonist Jimmy Heath, pianist Cedar Walton, bassist Walter Booker and drummer Mickey Roker. Jimmy Heath was a frequent collaborator with Farmer in the ‘60s and he was more than a partner in the front line; he was an invaluable composer and arranger for many of the trumpeter’s projects. And in an era of great rhythm sections, the combination of Walton, Booker and Roker was one of the best. On February 8, 1967, this quintet gave a concert at New York’s Museum Of Modern Art with Columbia Records rolling tape. The resultant album The Time And The Place featured seven selections from the concert including two Heath originals and J.J. Johnson’s “Short Cake.” The three tunes that complete the concert (Duke Pearson’s “Is That So,” Albert Dailey’s “Dailey Bread” and Kenny Dorham’s “Blue Bossa”) did not see the light of day until fifteen years later. Now the complete concert is available on this CD.

Edited by J.A.W.

The Farmer estate made really unreasonable demands and the project was shelved. I have heard recently they relented a bit and the issue might come out.

Help me with this - does the estate have any rights regarding the reissue of a legitimate album?

I wonder if the undoctored tapes (this date is a studio recording with dubbed applause) can't be found?

The Farmer estate made really unreasonable demands and the project was shelved. I have heard recently they relented a bit and the issue might come out.

Help me with this - does the estate have any rights regarding the reissue of a legitimate album?

I wonder if the undoctored tapes (this date is a studio recording with dubbed applause) can't be found?

IIRC, they found and "rehabilitated" the real "live" tapes and were planning an issue of those.

How stupid is that? Make unreasonable demands and get nothing, rather than negotiate a reasonable "something" based on projected sales of a jazz CD (what might that be - maybe 3,000 worldwide). Must be the lawyer representing the estate! <_< At least someone is beginning to see the light.

How stupid is that? Make unreasonable demands and get nothing, rather than negotiate a reasonable "something" based on projected sales of a jazz CD (what might that be - maybe 3,000 worldwide). Must be the lawyer representing the estate! <_< At least someone is beginning to see the light.

why are you slamming the lawyer???

:blink:

Because they're always to blame, even if they're not... ;)

Because they're always to blame, even if they're not... ;)

I always blame lawyers . . . . . . . . . . and I am one! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

He forgot to disclose he's also a lawyer :o

He forgot to disclose he's also a lawyer :o

WHAT???? There are LAWYERS on this Board???? :blink::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...