Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2ed round has been completed. Only one team (Germany) has 100% success, only 2 teams have lost any chance to qualify, even not one 0:0 (!) and all the teams have scored. This tournament meets all expectations!!!

Edited by B. Goren.

What is Rooney suspended for? I haven't heard any mention though the camera diverts to him often.

I've been able to catch a good amount of these afternoon matches. Spain was convincing yesterday. I'm no expert, but they seemed to be playing a much higher level of soccer than everyone I've seen so far, excluding Germany. Missed the second half of today's England v Sweden...

The Spain match on Thursday was a thing of beauty unless you happen to be Irish. They were really too much for the Irish. Some of the players are ancient like Damian Duff. According to espn Spain completed something like 770 passes, the most in a Euro match since 1980. This is setting up for a Spain v Germany rematch.

What is Rooney suspended for? I haven't heard any mention though the camera diverts to him often.

I've been able to catch a good amount of these afternoon matches. Spain was convincing yesterday. I'm no expert, but they seemed to be playing a much higher level of soccer than everyone I've seen so far, excluding Germany. Missed the second half of today's England v Sweden...

Rooney managed to get sent off in one of the preliminary games so has had to sit out the first two games of this tournament. He'll be back for the next game against Ukraine...le crunch!

Pity you missed the second half against Sweden, that's where most of the action took place. Very exciting even if the level of footballing skill left something to be desired. If England beat Ukraine then they'll end up playing either the winner or runner-up in the Spain/Croatia/Italy group. Now that should be an exciting match.

The Spain match on Thursday was a thing of beauty unless you happen to be Irish. They were really too much for the Irish. Some of the players are ancient like Damian Duff. According to espn Spain completed something like 770 passes, the most in a Euro match since 1980. This is setting up for a Spain v Germany rematch.

With tight, quick passing in compact and confined situations, Spain would draw Ireland's defenders in to generally create big spaces that resulted in some incredible shots on goal.

Poor overall performances from the Dutch team who suffered three defeats to be ejected out of the competition.

Ronaldo scored twice for a 2-0 victory by Portugal in their last match Sunday.

2-1, actually...and yes, a very poor performance by the Dutch team in this competition. It seems they're either 'red-hot' or 'stone-cold'.... no in-between.

Brownie, I'm not sure you are right with your forecast of this evening's match.

After viewing them being mocked by Sweden earlier this week, I am not betting a single Euro on the French team...

No team leader, very little team spirit. They don't deserve to go any further :excited:

A Germany vs. Spain final would be a thrill! (Spain should have no problem getting rid of an uneven France in their quarterfinal match tonight).

I have the horrible feeling that it's going to be another Germany/England semi and a penalty shootout. :mellow:

Germany/Spain final looks odds-on favourite - I agree.

Edited by sidewinder

After viewing them being mocked by Sweden earlier this week, I am not betting a single Euro on the French team...

No team leader, very little team spirit. They don't deserve to go any further :excited:

Hey, if Alain Boghossia says everything is fine with the French team, then it must be true... right? The French are amazing, they're the Boston Red Sox of soccer right now, or maybe it's the other way around. Still, Spain has looked semi-beatable, so it should be an interesting game today.

The tournament has been mostly entertaining and free from incidents thus far, but these last two matches with Czech Republic and Greece were basically a waste of time (when Germany scored #4, I wished they could have blown the final whistle early).

Although Spain is likely to advance, I've seen enough sparks of creativity from France that they shouldn't be written off entirely. I just hope they will keep the ball better than the Greeks when they do have it. No matter who wins, Portugal will be no easy task.

England/Italy is a toss-up for me, but it doesn't matter. Neither of them will trouble the Germans.

Only one half is behind us but it looks like you were right and I was wrong. Can someone explain why Nasri is on the bench and not in the field?

Lots of jogging and walking in that first half (even when Spain's attack is getting close to France's box). Looks like a practice at times. David Silva is being given so much space on the right, it's absurd. Don't understand why France appear so willing to play all of these long balls forward, often without anyone trying to get on the end of them. Against Spain in particular, this is a terrible idea. Counter-attacking is okay, but at least try to limit the number of advances Spain is going to aim at you. A few good offensive thrusts from Ribery and Benzema, but more players have to get forward.

When the penalty announcement was delivered, the volume level from the excitement woke me from my nap. I think I dozed off around the 70th minute or so. :)

Spain are a great team, but too many of their opponents are psyched out right from the opening whistle, it seems.

Not surprised by the 0-2 outcome for the Spain-France game.

Les Bleus are not in the same league as La Roja and it showed. Excellent players like Benzema or Ribery have not managed to shine with the national team as they do with their regular teams.

Samir Nasri once more showed his punk side when he abjectly insulted a journalist who asked for impressions after the end of the match.

A very sad ending to another sad episode of the Bleus performances.