Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

31 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Vivere est militare.  BTW, the cynical tackles didn't result in anyone leaving the pitch.  

I find it much better not to have the over-time, but go to penalties right after the 90. This way the players battle all the way to the last seconds, and not roll the ball around for the preceding 30 minutes, like they do in UEFA.

Several should have been shown red.

I hate going to penalties right after 90. Perhaps bringing back sudden death. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

YESSSSSS!

Forza Italia!  Well played Italy. Best team of the tournament

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sorry mates:( 

Thanks Brad. Philosophical here, team of the tournament won

6 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

What a messed up way to lose….

It's football, everyone knows it's a prospect

One other point, the referreeing has been excellent throughout the tournament

I'm not a great fan of international football, but that was for once a good, league-standard final. Well done to Italy and I second mjazzg's point on the refereeing, which has been good throughout.

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

What a messed up way to lose….

Sad about it, but that's the magic isn't it, I guess. Young team, hopefully with bright years ahead.

Edited by Rabshakeh

At times Italy seemed to have some Spanish in them (and I have read that Mancini was trying to meld Spanish concepts with Italian football) but then they would become a little impatient.  To England possession seemed like a dirty word, rather than working the ball up the field. 

Edited by Brad

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watching Olympic football.  I’ve seen a little bit of Spain, the only European team left in the competition. Also caught a bit of the US women’s team, which doesn’t appear to be the same team that rampaged through the WC, with a loss to Sweden and a tie with Australia. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Anyone watching Olympic football.  I’ve seen a little bit of Spain, the only European team left in the competition. Also caught a bit of the US women’s team, which doesn’t appear to be the same team that rampaged through the WC, with a loss to Sweden and a tie with Australia. 

I remember once reading a satirical article somewhere that joked about how even serious football heads who spend their entire summer break jonesing for a fix, and getting excited about friendlies will still not bring themselves to watch Olympic football.

The English football season kicks off next weekend. I think I'll hold out for that.

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

Barcelona’s financial troubles have finally come home to roost as they’ve had to cut ties to Messi. 

I hope he doesn't end up in Man City or in the MLS. I despise Man City: the owners and top management are top shelf criminals to me. 

Where would you like to see Messi next?