ROBOT

Johnny E

That's a pretty pessimistic and dismissive generalization, Chris. You're too young to be that dark on horn players already- that should still be a few years off! ;)

Don't let a bad experience result in a generalization like that. As a representative of horn players I hate to see anyone turn to the dark side. There are some out there who might just inspire you!

Care to elaborate on what brought you to this conclusion?

Saxophonists just blowin over tunes, tryin to steal the show, honking and squaking, not playing beautiful, playing too many notes, trying to be a Trane clone, listening to no one else but other saxophonists, only playing tunes written and often played by saxophonists, etc. I'm sure I'll fine some unique ones down the road, but the ones I run into now are all the same.

Edited by Jazz Kat

Saxophonists just blowin over tunes, tryin to steal the show, honking and squaking, not playing beautiful, playing too many notes, trying to be a Trane clone, listening to no one else but other saxophonists, only playing tunes written and often played by saxophonists, etc. I'm sure I'll fine some unique ones down the road, but the ones I run into now are all the same.

.....and your point is.....???

It's obvious that the problem is you're hanging out with saxophonists. Dude, you're in for nothing but trouble! :g