Mosaic Free Shipping

woofy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop whining you idiots........Mosaic needs our money now more that ever to stay in business. These offers are a result of the very low volume of sales lately. If we want these kind of reissues at all in the future please order all you can through Mosaic themselves and not for a few bucks less with other sellers on the net.

Stop whining you idiots........Mosaic needs our money now more that ever to stay in business. These offers are a result of the very low volume of sales lately. If we want these kind of reissues at all in the future please order all you can through Mosaic themselves and not for a few bucks less with other sellers on the net.

So, we're a fucking charity, are we?

Mosiacs are not good value for money - except for some things that one absolutely HAS to have. But there are thousands of jazz musicians (and musicians in other types of music) out there who are worthy of me spending my cash on their recordings. Mosaic is COMPETING for my money with the other sources (labels/retailers) from whom I can buy stuff. And it's competing not too well. I've bought almost all the Mosaics I've got during their past sales. Not this year.

MG

Yup, it's enough to nudge me to finally get the Venuti-Lang that I've been meaning to get for many months. And yes, I know of a site where I could save $20 and order it from there. I don't normally pass on a chance to save a Jackson, but aside from supporting the great work Mosaic does they also have a ridiculous old fashioned sense of customer service. So while I'm not confident that if something wasn't right with the box from the discounter, I'm confident that Mosaic would take care of any problem (not that I'm expecting one.) Mosaic has had competition from other artists and genres for me lately, but free postage is better than nothing and they succeeded in getting my attention. Or rather the thread-starting poster got my attention!

i don't think it's charity when i buy a cd directly from the artist when i could have got it online for less.

i don't think it's charity when i buy cds from the only local jazz store left, knowing i'll pay a few dollars more.

i don't think it's charity when i contribute to the public radio station that plays jazz, knowing i don't have to and that most other people don't.

i don't think it's charity at all. i think it's support.

i don't think it's charity when i buy a cd directly from the artist when i could have got it online for less.

i don't think it's charity when i buy cds from the only local jazz store left, knowing i'll pay a few dollars more.

i don't think it's charity when i contribute to the public radio station that plays jazz, knowing i don't have to and that most other people don't.

:tup

Well put.

Besides, whether Mosaic sets are value for money or not is the topic here.

Edited by J.A.W.

Amen!

So, which is the next set to go OOP? The Johnny Hodges because it's Verve? (The later Max Roach and Gerry Mulligan sets have already gone OOP.) Gerald Wilson? HRS? I'm thinking of using this offer to buy the next endangered set earlier, but I don't want to buy one set, and then one or two others hit the running low list and I won't be able to afford them. Have been buying too many OOP OJCs lately for that.

So, which is the next set to go OOP? The Johnny Hodges because it's Verve? (The later Max Roach and Gerry Mulligan sets have already gone OOP.) Gerald Wilson? HRS? I'm thinking of using this offer to buy the next endangered set earlier, but I don't want to buy one set, and then one or two others hit the running low list and I won't be able to afford them. Have been buying too many OOP OJCs lately for that.

I have no idea which set will go OOP next. I asked Mosaic's Scott Wenzel about the Reinhardt, Mobley and Parlan sets a few days ago and he said he expected them to last until at least the end of this year.

if you email Mosaic, I am sure they will tell you the answer to your question. ;)

Indeed; but in all those situations, you are actually buying something extra that you want. If you buy a Mosaic from somewhere else (I never have), you're getting the same thing you get from Mosaic; but, apparently, cheaper.

MG

if you email Mosaic, I am sure they will tell you the answer to your question. ;)

According to Mosaic there are currently no sets heading for the "Running Low/Last Chance" list.

According to Mosaic there are currently no sets heading for the "Running Low/Last Chance" list.

I didn't mean my earlier comment to suggest that people shouldn't support Mosaic. People should support businesses that put care into their product, and undoubtedly the marketplace is tough these days. So, I'm thinking of getting one of the $100+ sets with this sale. Any recommendations? These are the ones I don't have. I like almost everything Mosaic does (but not everything).

Oliver Nelson

Buddy Rich

Jazz Crusaders

Count Basie

Columbia Small Group Swing Sessions

Woody Herman

Roy Eldridge

Johnny Smith

Sarah Vaughan

Joe Venuti/Eddie Lang

Sonny Stitt

Benedetti Charlie Parker recordings