CD/DVD Storage Horror!!!!!!!!!

skeith

I recently noticed that certain cds and dvds which I am storing in CaseLogic notebooks have developed sort of light "spots" (sort of little smudges) on the side which touches the plastic side not the cloth side where you put the cds. It is only noticeable on those cds or dvds which are fairly mirror-like - that is clear - not those which have painted artwork or are sort duller finish.

Does not seem to affect playability, but it looks like hell.

Anyone have this experience? any ways to remove the spots?

I recently noticed that certain cds and dvds which I am storing in CaseLogic notebooks have developed sort of light "spots" (sort of little smudges) on the side which touches the plastic side not the cloth side where you put the cds. It is only noticeable on those cds or dvds which are fairly mirror-like - that is clear - not those which have painted artwork or are sort duller finish.

yes don't put them in those caselogic notebooks. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would potentially ruin their collections

by using this form of "storage". Just my two cents.

yes don't put them in those caselogic notebooks. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would potentially ruin their collections

by using this form of "storage". Just my two cents.

I agree completely. I know a few people who do this, and I still don't understand the impulse. I much prefer the headache of having thousands of CDs on different size racks and shelves (and some on tabletops, etc) than to have them all shut up in those binders. I like being able to see them all lined up when I go down into the basement (where my collection lives, partly for space reasons and partly because my wife doesn't want to look them filling up every room in the house).

I switched to three ring binders a long time ago and have never encountered any CD that failed to play, and two years ago I was still in my "A to Z" listening trip and was going through them one by one.

I'd like to hear from someone an explanation as to why these sleeves could damage a CD.

I switched to three ring binders a long time ago and have never encountered any CD that failed to play, and two years ago I was still in my "A to Z" listening trip and was going through them one by one.

I'd like to hear from someone an explanation as to why these sleeves could damage a CD.

Dan

have you noticed any of the "spotting" issues that I have raised above?

Dan

have you noticed any of the "spotting" issues that I have raised above?

Nope. Some Office Depot CDRs have turned a gold-ish color but they continue to play.