Homemade covers for LP's that MIGHT've been on BN

Rooster_Ties

Could somebody take my NEFERTITI cover and resize the font on Miles' name? Is that possible? And maybe tweak the spacing on the rest of the text so it's better balanced? I'm REALLY digging the basic elements, but the specifics are driving me nuts.

In other words, can we fix it in the mix? :g:g:g

Edited by JSngry

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody want to take this one on??

Andrew Hill - Chained (May, 1967), with...

Ron Carter

Teddy Robinson (dm)

This session remains unreleased, although it was scheduled for release on King Records (out of Japan) as GXF-3080. I still often wonder about this session, and hope is does see the light of day sometime.

I can clearly feel the message, but would like to see a "serious" take on the Train Wreck cover as well B) :D

To complete the series of Blue Note sessions stranded on Black Lion, how about the Stanley Cowell Trio with Steve Novosel and Jimmy Hopps recorded at the same June 1969 stay in London as Tolliver's Ringer LP? It was called

Travellin' Man

Edited by mikeweil

Thanks Jim!

I dug your Tolliver and Silver covers, too!

:rsmile:

I just had a couple of odd pictures that I found online and tried to incorporate them into a cover. They didn't really have anything to do with the artists or recording date. I just thought it would be an interesting challenge. :) I'm going to play around with Photoshop some more tonight when I get home from work. I find it very relaxing.

I hope somebody at Blue Note is reading this thread......

Actually, I have given a passing thought to printing out color versions of the best covers from this thread, and sending them to Michael -- just for the heck of it.

I probably won't, but the thought had crossed my mind, in terms of getting Michael to think again about the "Train Wreck", and "Chained", for possible release someday. :w