LF: Harry Miller on Ogun

I'm looking for the box set of The Collection: Children at Play/Family Affair/Bracknell Breakdown/in Conference/Down South. It's a long shot, even though the set was available in 2000, but is long out of print. I missed the boat on this one, but if anyone has a bead on this please send me a PM.

Edited by Stefan Wood

You're probably going to need a UK hook-up.

I remember reading a while back (perhaps in the Funny Rat thread) that someone was able to pick up a partial set plus a cd-r to fill the missing pieces directly from Hazel Miller. A web search should turn up her contact info.

Try Hazel at john@cadillacjazz.co.uk

I remember that when it was running low, Ogun/Cadillac were running out of covers - so some were sold cut-rate without artwork.

Yes, I got one of those (thanks to a board member, too) - would anyone be able to offer scans of the missing cover? I asked for that before, I think, with no reaction at all. All I have is a b/w xerox copy of bad quality, you can hardly read it - of course all the info is on the EFI page, but it would still be nice to have a cover for it! It's disc 1 I'd need a scan for, would be very happy if anyone could help!

I remember that when it was running low, Ogun/Cadillac were running out of covers - so some were sold cut-rate without artwork.

Yes, I got one of those (thanks to a board member, too) - would anyone be able to offer scans of the missing cover? I asked for that before, I think, with no reaction at all. All I have is a b/w xerox copy of bad quality, you can hardly read it - of course all the info is on the EFI page, but it would still be nice to have a cover for it! It's disc 1 I'd need a scan for, would be very happy if anyone could help!

I'd be happy to do that, King Ubu, if you can wait another three weeks. Work is bedlam at the moment - when we get to Easter I'll have the time.

I'd be happy to do that, King Ubu, if you can wait another three weeks. Work is bedlam at the moment - when we get to Easter I'll have the time.

Yes, time is not a matter at all, I'll be very glad, whenever you get to it, thanks a lot!

Yes, time is not a matter at all, I'll be very glad, whenever you get to it, thanks a lot!

Just send me a reminder in three weeks time and I'll get onto it.

• 5 years later...

I'm looking for the box set of The Collection: Children at Play/Family Affair/Bracknell Breakdown/in Conference/Down South. It's a long shot, even though the set was available in 2000, but is long out of print. I missed the boat on this one, but if anyone has a bead on this please send me a PM.

It took me 7 years to find a copy, but I just bought one on discogs for $95. A bargain I think. NM throughought even though the seller called it VG-VG+. It originally came out in 1999 during a period when I was not buying too many cds and by the time I realized I better grab it. sold out. I only ever once saw it for sale and that was on a DMG mailing list with just the 3 cds and covers (no box/book) for $60 and I missed that one by seconds.

I have found pretty much every major oop cd I was looking for, there are still a few I am keeping an eye out for. But this for me was the find of the year! The only reason I am posting is to remind everyone and myself that perseverance does indeed pay off!

Discogs can be very effective in turning up wants, especially if one is patient. I happened to pick up my Miller box at the Vision Festival 3 or 4 years ago. Someone was selling a used copy (but in nice shape). Sometimes serendipity plays its part. Glad you found it!

• 3 years later...