John Coltrane Complete Prestige Record Japan 18 CD Box 2K/20 bit remas

I am thinking of getting this ($240 with P&P) on ebay, anyone heard these remastered versions contained in the box. This was a limited Edition in Japan in 2006, seller is based in China so possibly counterfeit (unlikely)? Any advice from the group? Has anyone heard a copy already?

Info on this edition: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICJ-41461 :mellow:

I haven't heard the box set, but if the K2 remastering is the same as the one made for the individual K2 reissues (US or japan releases), then I can recommend it

I have heard these K2 titles and they all sound very good, better than the OJC CDs:

- Coltrane

- Stardust

- All mornin' long (Red Garland)

- Soul Junction (Red Garland)

- Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane

I haven't heard the box set, but if the K2 remastering is the same as the one made for the individual K2 reissues (US or japan releases), then I can recommend it

I have heard these K2 titles and they all sound very good, better than the OJC CDs:

- Coltrane

- Stardust

- All mornin' long (Red Garland)

- Soul Junction (Red Garland)

- Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane

Thanks Funkateer - I will part with my hard eaned then....

• 2 months later...

Bit of a late update - have listened to all 18 discs in the set now and the sound is great. The music ranges from good to fantastic of course. Verg glad I bought it.

....and of course the added benefit, you'll never have to "upgrade" any of this material again. Unlike the rest of us. :w:w:w

I've always thought for a box set that came out in 1991, the sound on the U.S. domestic version of the box was not shabby at all. Glad I got it for cheap in the Great Concord Blowout Sale of 2006.

Edited by trane_fanatic

Same here, since I bought the set, (at full price :wacko:) I was satisfied with sound, though I bought most of the original vinyls since then...and I am even more satisfied. :)

I admit that I have some of those 2K cds, not Coltrane, and they sound very good, IMHO.

Bit of a late update - have listened to all 18 discs in the set now and the sound is great. The music ranges from good to fantastic of course. Verg glad I bought it. :tup:tup

Maybe a stupid question ... but would it be worth getting this if you have fairly

recently bought the Fearless Leader set?