Bruce's cancer condition Update

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for the surgery. A guy I work w/ had it done he was back to work 4 weeks later. That was over two years ago and he's fine now. My father-in-law did the radiation and chemo around the same time and he's not doing as well. The chemo really did a number on him. Had you been having your PSA test annually or was this the first time?

I appreciate all the good vibes. :tup I'm sure I'll be OK. Small, early stage, contained and all that.

I think you're right about the surgery, J.H.

I'd gotten my PSA checked routinely as part of my annual physical. It had been trending up over the last few years. This year it broke through whatever threshold they use to determine if a biopsy is needed.

Thanks again everyone. I'm fine. I have good people around me. It's just going to be a hassle and a bit of a long road back, more than anything else.

Hello Everyone,

I have been in communication with Paps on this very dangerous condition regarding the prostate. Paps has asked me a lot of questions which I gladly answered for him. I tried to give him factual information straight from the hip so that he would know what he is in for. Paps was very responsive in receiving this information and we had good exchanges of information. I personally believe he has the information to make an informed decision on his condition. From what I have learned about Paps condition, he should be perfectly ok as the cancer was caught early enough to have not spread or gotten into his bone structure. All the best to you Paps.

And

a very heart felt thank you from me to all of you guys and gals on the board for your best wishes for me also. My cancer PSA is now a whopping 0.09. That is just about absolute perfect. I had my latest PSA test last week so I am feeling good. Words cannot convey enough how important all the one liners and paragraphs of support have helped me through this process. As I am 73 and have very very little actual family left alive, this board became an extended family for me. The most enlightening thing I learned is that it doesn't take but a very little to help someone through trying times. Thank you again for me and Paps.

post-959-1252986306_thumb.jpg

Me getting some practice two days ago :party:

Hello Everyone,

I have been in communication with Paps on this very dangerous condition regarding the prostate. Paps has asked me a lot of questions which I gladly answered for him. I tried to give him factual information straight from the hip so that he would know what he is in for. Paps was very responsive in receiving this information and we had good exchanges of information. I personally believe he has the information to make an informed decision on his condition. From what I have learned about Paps condition, he should be perfectly ok as the cancer was caught early enough to have not spread or gotten into his bone structure. All the best to you Paps.

And

a very heart felt thank you from me to all of you guys and gals on the board for your best wishes for me also. My cancer PSA is now a whopping 0.09. That is just about absolute perfect. I had my latest PSA test last week so I am feeling good. Words cannot convey enough how important all the one liners and paragraphs of support have helped me through this process. As I am 73 and have very very little actual family left alive, this board became an extended family for me. The most enlightening thing I learned is that it doesn't take but a very little to help someone through trying times. Thank you again for me and Paps.

:g

And thank you Bruce. Good vibes always.

Hello Everyone,

And

1. You gave him information from the hip? I thought he was dealing with prostate cancer! (p'doom kssshh!!!) :huh:

2. Of course, Bruce's information oughta be from the hip, as he's one of the hippest cats around! (p'doom kssh!!!) ^_^

3. Of course, given paps condition and his name, maybe he should see a gynecologist. Then he could get a papsrusmear! (boooo!!! hisss!!! p'doom p'doom thudda thudda thuddaa..... ksshhh!!!!) :bad:

Thank you! I'm hear all night! :D:D:D

Seriously, my prayers of thanks and continued recuperation are with you both. :tup

Edited by Big Al