Jazz CD's

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM sent on the following items:

Wardell Gray ~ Vol.1 Oct.1944 - Aug.1946 - Masters Of Jazz made in France MINT $5

Right Combination ~ Warne Marsh, Joe Albany Sealed $5

Jive At Five ~ Joe Newman Quintet OJC Sealed $5

Osie Johnson ~ Osie's Oasis OJC Sealed $5

Hal Singer w/Charlie Shavers Blue Stompin' OJC MINT $5

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I accept paypal, shipping $3 includes Tracking Number in USA, 50 cents for each additional CD.

Shipping to canada $9.50 for 1 cd.

Post here first then send a PM, $3 shipping in USA.

Onzy Matthews - Mosaic Select 29 - sealed $65 shipped in USA

Woody Herman - Mosaic Select 31 VG+ $45 shipped in USA

Carmell Jones - Mosaic Select 2 Mint $45 shipped in USA
Artie Shaw self portrait boxed set with book - VG++ $45 shipped in USA
Reuben Wilson Blue Mode - rare groove series MINT $17
Reuben Wilson Love Bug - rare groove series MINT $10
Woody Herman at Carnegie Hall 1946 - verve master edition used VG $15
Howard McGhee Volume 2/Tal Farlow Quartet VG++
BN Connoisseur 10" series $15
Bobby Hutcherson - Patterns VG++
BN Connoisseur series $20

Bud Freeman The Man Live in dublin 1976 sealed $6

William S. Fischer / Circles cd -Mint artwork VG+ wrinkled where they stapled book $8

Junior Cook Good Cookin'/Something's Cokkin' 32 jazz EX $5

Jackie Mclean - demon's dance BN - Limited Edition SEALED $5

Teddy Wilson & his orchestra 1939 chronological classics (scratched) $5

Bill Stewart - Think Before You Think - Mint $5

Gene Krupa & His Orchestra 1941 chronological classics (light marks) $5

and on the 8th day: God created soul; the Invictus sessions - Mint (castle label) $6

Ronnie Foster - Sweet Revival 2003 BN Mint - SOLD
George Semper - Makin' Waves HUBCD14 Mint - SOLD
Carlos Malcolm - Bustin' Outta the Ghetto MINT - SOLD

Super Funk - various - BGP SOLD

Living in the streets - various - BGP SOLD

Midwest Funk Funk 45's from Tornado Alley mint SOLD

Wheedle's Groove Seattle's Finest in Fink & Soul 65-75 Mint SOLD

the L.A. Carnival - mint SOLD

Coltrane : the complete 1961 village vanguard recordings VG++ SOLD

Wax poetics Magazines : all in Excellent shape!

Issue #10 (watts tax, Beastie Boys) $5

Issue #12 (Jimmy McGriff, Yusef Lateef) $5

Issue #13 ( Meters,Sharon Jones) $5

Issue #14 (David Axelrod, James Gadson,

Zen,

I would like to praise you for including this statement in your offer:

Post here first then send a PM, $3 shipping in USA.

This should be a requirement for selling in this forum IMHO and/or at a minimum, it should be considered proper etiquette. Recently I posted my acceptance to purchase a number of CDs at the listed price from a fellow board member. I was the first person to claim the cds on the public forum. I was then informed that someone had "beat me to the punch" on several of the more desired cds but that I was welcome to purchase the remaining, less desired cds if I wanted. I declined and rationalized that I had enough cds anyway,( which is quite true :smirk: ) Nonetheless, it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I realize that board members that have something to sell, can sell to whomever they wish. If the posting is just a request for interest, to see if anyone would like to purchase the item, then it should be listed as such. If,however, it really is an offer to sell the item at the listed price,in my opinion it should go to the first person that accepts the offer on the board.

There are several clear points in time when an offer could be accepted by a seller: 1. when the acceptance is first listed on the Board for all to see 2. when the seller first receives a pm or email accepting the offer 3. when the seller first receives payment. The only acceptance that is transparent is the one listed on board for all to see. All the others take place outside the view of other board members.

We all have special friends on the board and if given a choice, we may wish to see that person prevail in these instances, especially if we had not known that they would be interested. But in the spirit of fairness, I strongly agree with your decision to honor the first acceptance you receive and to do so on the Board where all can see who won the item.No room for disputes. First posted acceptance prevails unless they are unable to complete the sale. In that case it can be re-listed ON THE BOARD for all to see. Seems only fair to me.

My two cents!

And so I commend you on your adherence to fairness and the American way!!! :D:lol::D Unfortunately I do not think I need any of the cds you are selling now. If I should change my mind, I will post my acceptance on the Board first, for all to see.

Good luck.

I can understand your frustration, but I know as both a frequent buyer and a frequent seller here, there are other circumstances that come into play. I will often make or receive queries looking to do a trade or to grant or receive a volume discount on a large sale or purchase. Those don't lend themselves to posting on the thread ahead of time.

I can understand your frustration, but I know as both a frequent buyer and a frequent seller here, there are other circumstances that come into play. I will often make or receive queries looking to do a trade or to grant or receive a volume discount on a large sale or purchase. Those don't lend themselves to posting on the thread ahead of time.

Felser,

It is not "frustration"....... what you describe is what I would call a counteroffer... It is someone offering to purchase the item/items differently than how they are being offered by the seller(ie at a different price, or in trade for something else) In short, the seller has made an offer to sell the item at a certain price and under certain conditions. He has posted that offer on the Board. If someone steps up to the plate, and accepts that offer on the Board, before the "counteroffer" can be completed, that risk should be borne by the party making the counteroffer, not the person that has complied in all respects to the existing offer. Once the counteroffer is finalized it should be the buyer's responsibility to get it placed on the board before anyone "beats him to the punch". All he would have to say is I take the following cds . You would know what the price is that you have agreed to accept in the counteroffer and the deal could be completed in the dark and no one on the board would have to know what you ultimately sold the cds for. IMHO to do otherwise is a slap in the face to the person who is playing by all the rules that the seller himself has outlined in his offer.

I do not intend to hijack Zen's posting but I stand by my statement. I find his approach to be the correct one and I commend him for it as I said above.

Edited by Morganized