Another couple ideas to help speed up the BFT process

Big Al

In an effort to encourage more BFT participation, as well as streamline things, I propose two ideas:

1) All participants send their mailing addresses to me so a BFT address database can be kept. This way, all anyone has to do is simply post their desire to participate in the signup thread; once enough time has gone by, I can e-mail the mailing addresses to the BFT leader.

2) Since I'm participating in all the BFTs anyway, I will be happy to take on the responsibility of uploading all BFTs to a free download site. I've got a DSL connection here at the house, so it wouldn't take any time at all and not disrupt anything here. This way, any BFT leader who has neither tried the upload/download path nor had the inclination/time to learn, but wants to offer it as an option, can simply send the CD to me (which you were going to do anyway) and I can get it uploaded.

Let me know y'alls thoughts on these. Glad that the BFT is off and running again!

Another suggestion: the BFT creator give you a list of the track titles & artists, in advance...... we've had a number of folks who never revealed them, which is massively frustrating.

Yup, great idea! I mentioned that in the BFT Master List thread, but it certainly bears repeating here.

Taking on the job of uploading is a fine idea, I think.

If Al becomes the repository of answers, however, I will certainly take it upon myself to do in depth study of his rate of correct answers before and after this is adopted. Should his rate rise, even from .01% to .02%, you can be assured that I will jump in with a

J'ACCUSE!

:g

However, I do not think an address compilation is necessary. Its hardly too much trouble to send a PM and let the compiler keep tabs on them.

Taking on the job of uploading is a fine idea, I think.

If Al becomes the repository of answers, however, I will certainly take it upon myself to do in depth study of his rate of correct answers before and after this is adopted. Should his rate rise, even from .01% to .02%, you can be assured that I will jump in with a

J'ACCUSE!

:w

Seriously, if my rate of correct answers even jumps by .000001%, I'll be surprised! :D

we've had a number of folks who never revealed them, which is massively frustrating.

But only one who still posts here regularly : Rooster Ties .

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it bizarre that during the 3 1/2 years since his blindfold test , he found lots of time for many , many posts , and yet no time to provide the answers to disc two of his blindfold test . That's just not cricket .

we've had a number of folks who never revealed them, which is massively frustrating.

But only one who still posts here regularly : Rooster Ties .

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it bizarre that during the 3 1/2 years since his blindfold test , he found lots of time for many , many posts , and yet no time to provide the answers to disc two of his blindfold test . That's just not cricket .

Shouldn't that be Rooster Ties?

Edited by Dan Gould